Camber

drvred

If LF camber gets you turned in, and RF is adjusted for exit, how much of the corner is controlled by each. To the apex, half way?
Last night my kart was turning in really well, but I was having to straighten the wheel at the apex, causing exit issues.
We took some rear stagger out, which helped, but it was a handfull.
(A fast hand full)

Not completely sure but try taking the right front down a little or go down a little on air but take that for a grain of salt

On most karts these days running big cross and fairly high left I find that the LF has little effect getting in and not much more getting off. I use the RF to get the kart in and then both to get it off (along with all the other adjustments).

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

Thanks Todd, which way do you move rf? I am running 65 cross and 58.5 left. Do I go to 3.2, or 2.8 on rf camber. This loose in center is pretty much a weekly occurrence.
It may have been the track Saturday, as it was the first race of the year, and we didn't change anything from last year, but went to big pipe, so we are a little faster into the corner.

Typically I use less RF camber to get the kart to turn in better. Center out I typically like more RF camber to help it turn but sometimes it goes the exact opposite and less will help turning power center off (but I typically start with more as it goes this way more often).

For a loose in the center I'd probably use something other than camber. For instance, if the back end is dancing around then we need a little more rear bite or total bite and I might go after this with more left or more bite in the tires or something like that.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

Also your drive line could be the issue if it turns in well try entering the turn a little higher .. Holding the high straight a little longer not a fix but something to consider

Back