Cameras

Bubby

This may not be the best place to ask this, but I'm looking for suggestions for a mounted camera like a GoPro. I don't want to spend a fortune. Are the cheaper ones at Walmart decent or should I go with an actual GoPro? What are you using? I mainly want one to be able to post videos to the web, and to use for critiquing of driving, line, etc. Thanks for your suggestions.

I use Replay XD that have an aluminum housing and have a number mounts, shaped like a 1-inch diameter flashlight and I actually use rifle scope mounts as well. Good camera, okay sound. Definitely good and robust for pointing it at things on your kart to look at. You won't find them at Walmart, but they are less money than GoPro.

Ki Lite on Amazon works really good and a good app. Just had my gopro hero3 fall off kart and get ran over. Replaced it with the Ki Lite and it is actually a better camera.

I've tried the cheap Chinese camera and end up going back to old cheap used Go-pro hero 2's. I like the one touch on feature and the big SD chip. You can find them used on Ebay for $30-50. The cases and mounts are cheap. Always rig up zip tie tethers, the mounts break eventually.

Choicesmade24 I believe is referring to the Yi Lite on Amazon. I just bought this camera too. I t has really good reviews on YouTube comparing it the several different gopro. Pretty good for $100

Back