Cams & Heads, Cams & Heads, oh and more Cams & Heads

67Fastbackfan

Setting out to build a box stock for a sprint track and I'm looking for the best cam that would perform well from 4000 - 6800 rpm. I've been looking at Dyno Cams cam specs I've started to lose my mind.

CL-1, CL-1i, CL-1M, CL-1Mi, CL-1i Polished, CL-2, CL-1Mi - Lift, BSP 1, BSP 2, BSP 3, etc. etc.
Is this a code to find the holy grail, binary code for the ultimate computer program, or just total confusion for someone new... (Yes, I'll choose the last)

I plan on using either an ARC 6619 Flywheel (New Date Code) or a Raceseng S1 Flywheel. With that said, what would be the best cam/flywheel combo for a sprint track?

Heads: Here we go again. Codes, Dates, Castings, JT's, TG's, 109's, 102's, etc. etc. What is the best out of the box head? Or, for box stock are the differences so minimal, it really wouldn't matter?

I don't know much "NOW" about all the lift, duration, and other specs, but I'm a quick learner, so school me.

These offerings from the cam companies, are like the menu at a restaurant.
You are tasked with knowing something about the difference (in the restaurant) between, for example, fried chicken,
and ham steak.
If you are not familar with the functions and differences in camshafts, and other such considerations, then you need
to get back to your dyno, and find out what does what.

No dyno? No knowledge of the differences in the cam menu? Ask the kitchen, what is working best. That would be the
owners of the cam companies, such as Dyno, Precision Cams, etc.

Anyone on this forum can tell you anything when you are lost.....which you obviously are. Ask those who have a vested interest in helping your track
performance.

Back