Can't get enough cross in 05 phenom

Justin51

I have a 05 phenom I am scaling it has been sitting around I went through it and put all new beaing in it and cleaned it up. It's nearing completion now in the middle of scaling it and with the washers almost maxed out in the fronts trying to get about 63% cross I can only get 58%. Any ideas??? I'm thinking it might be a bent spindle checked the frame over where the L-bocks mount those all look really good. Any input would be great.

Thanks

Did you start with the spindles even on both sides ? Cross is the last thing I do when scaling. Get your left and nose, then start moving washers. I can get 65 out of our Phenoms easily.
It's possible the spindle may be bent, look for stress marks in the paint and or cracking.

I have a 05 phenom I am scaling it has been sitting around I went through it and put all new beaing in it and cleaned it up. It's nearing completion now in the middle of scaling it and with the washers almost maxed out in the fronts trying to get about 63% cross I can only get 58%. Any ideas??? I'm thinking it might be a bent spindle checked the frame over where the L-bocks mount those all look really good. Any input would be great.

Thanks

Left rear frame bent up? Seen this happen more than once.

Thanks

What kind of stagger are you trying to scale with? Also, are you trying to scale with hard, new, old, soft, or what kind of tires?

What kind of stagger are you trying to scale with? Also, are you trying to scale with hard, new, old, soft, or what kind of tires?

1 1/2 front and 1 1/4 rear. Tires are burris 33's believe thee about 1 year old duro at 55-60. This kart is my brothers I have a 05 phenom as well we just scaled up a month ago kart was fast first time out trying to achieve same numbers as my kart!!!!

1 1/2 front and 1 1/4 rear. Tires are burris 33's believe thee about 1 year old duro at 55-60. This kart is my brothers I have a 05 phenom as well we just scaled up a month ago kart was fast first time out trying to achieve same numbers as my kart!!!!

That rear stagger is hurting you some on getting cross. What kind of camber are you scaling with?

You said you put in new bearings ? I assume you meant in the rear also... if so are you sure the cassettes are in the same holes on both sides ?

Did a check over tonight mounted all the lead got the left and nose percent close and put washers on spindles even. Only has 50.6% cross.

a lot of people are afraid to add any weight. Don't be that guy. I have the same year avenger and have troubles scaling mine to but that's because I'm a lard ace lol I got a weigth jacker casset from bmi and it helped out alot

Back