Carb conversion

ryan/u2

I have a 40 mm flat slide off of a Trx 450 motor honda and looking to convert to alky since running a 12:1 compression who makes a conversion kit or what would I be lookin into to do it my self? Or would it be better to have some one do it and about what will it cost?

Not much info to go off .
I assume open clone . Thats a big carb .
Paying to have it converted might be best .
You still may need some tuning skills .
Cost estimate probably 200.00$ minimum .
Finding a high quality reliable expert is the hard part .

Not much info to go off .
I assume open clone . Thats a big carb .
Paying to have it converted might be best .
You still may need some tuning skills .
Cost estimate probably 200.00$ minimum .
Finding a high quality reliable expert is the hard part .
It’s a 450 dirt bike motor just wondering if any ones converted it them selfs and what all needs to be done

Roughly youneed twice the fuel flow .
Asking on the uas fourm might get some results they run thesame style engines .
This is a copy and paste , facts .
Although we all want there to be a simple formula for converting jet sizes from a low powered industrial engine on gas to an engine turning twice or more the rpm on methanol, the fact remains that there are other factors affecting the signal at the jet, which ultimately determines jet sizing.
Four cycle jetting is affected by factors such as carb size, air filter arrangement, camshaft overlap and duration, and exhaust arrangement.
The carb itself has several factors which help dictate final jetting.
The act of doubling the area of the jet does not insure fuel flow is doubled, as the signal must now act on twice the area, lowering flow rate.
It must all work together to make jetting most correct across a wide rpm range.

I have a 40 mm flat slide off of a Trx 450 motor honda and looking to convert to alky since running a 12:1 compression who makes a conversion kit or what would I be lookin into to do it my self? Or would it be better to have some one do it and about what will it cost?
you really need the additional power or cooling of methanol on that motor? They sure seem to make plenty of power on gas. Will need a huge tank to feed that dude

you really need the additional power or cooling of methanol on that motor? They sure seem to make plenty of power on gas. Will need a huge tank to feed that dude
Not really need it we have a bunch of alky from the big car and figured I’d see what it would take to convert it looking it to it it would be more hassle than it’s worth so I might juast use some higher octrain fuel to keep up with the compression

Not really need it we have a bunch of alky from the big car and figured I’d see what it would take to convert it looking it to it it would be more hassle than it’s worth so I might juast use some higher octrain fuel to keep up with the compression
Yeah i would put some 110 in it and roll.

Back