Carb setting for a funkhouer kt100 with tsow pipe

Well Eddie there's more than one way to do it. You could go around 3/4 high with 7/8 low or put more through the low side and less through the high. With 1/4 high and 2 or more low. Sprinters seem to like the richer low side, but it will tune out nicely either way. Bottom line the overall flow on top is coming from both needles as the HS air correction circuit is not very effective.

Well Eddie there's more than one way to do it. You could go around 3/4 high with 7/8 low or put more through the low side and less through the high. With 1/4 high and 2 or more low. Sprinters seem to like the richer low side, but it will tune out nicely either way. Bottom line the overall flow on top is coming from both needles as the HS air correction circuit is not very effective.
Good advice Jon. Most of us run the high really close on enduros, between 1/8 and 5/8, with the low t 2 and over, but when I have run them on sprint (long time I haven't though) I think I ran both needles more open than 3/4 and 7/8, bit I might be wrong. By the way somewhere I still keep an original KT100 manual since I did the translation for a dealer in Spain. Hopefully nobody used my tranlation on those days, because at that time I didn't know anything about those engines. not like I know much nowadays anyway, lol.

Back