Carb type and size

LOL NOT SCREAMING SORRY IM AT WORK AND HAVE TO USE CAPS FOR CONTRACT STUFF AND JUST LEFT IT ON. JRPW ARC AND JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER ENGINE BUILDER KNOWS A TREMENOUS AMOUNT ABOUT METHANOL. I THINK YOU'LL FIND MORE READILY INFO ON METHANOL THAN E85 FOR THESE TYPE OF ENGINES. ALOT OF GUYS WILL DYNO WITH YOU IF YOU ASK
Thank you I will do my research and go from there, methanol is a whole new beast and yes I'm curious about using it and would like to know more, I will ask around for sure

Results from using gas: my bro in law sent this to me just now...
"So the fuel delivery out the pump slows the faster the motor spins.. might get a stronger pulse off the valve cover"
Thu pulse is coming from the intake.

Results from using gas: my bro in law sent this to me just now...
"So the fuel delivery out the pump slows the faster the motor spins.. might get a stronger pulse off the valve cover"
Thu pulse is coming from the intake.
SILLY QUESTION BUT DO YOU HAVE YOUR GAS CAP VENTED?

Good uestion actually, I don't think I ever checked, I know there isn't a hose with a filter on top of that's what you're asking. Little hole in cap but not sure if it's covered.

If the carb is jetted to methanol and your running gas, then the carb is going to be pretty fat even for E85, Methanol really only has one drawback and that is you have to flush the carb and motor with gasoline when your done running on alky

If the carb is jetted to methanol and your running gas, then the carb is going to be pretty fat even for E85, Methanol really only has one drawback and that is you have to flush the carb and motor with gasoline when your done running on alky

we keep a small tank in the trailer with flushing fuel in it. Takes less than 5 minutes to purge the carb before the kart hits the trailer

Ok so weird thing...."a hand across carb opening with little gaps between the fingers motor will wind up harder than I ever heard it", dropping to a 24mm if that then I'll drop to a 22mm

Man, I need to come visit one of yall and bring some steaks and beer, yall have some great info for sure. I'm gonna keep asking or reposting in this thread till I/we figure it out.

900 kawasaki if you took the stock air box off and replaced it with a fancy chrome k/n style air filter . You had use the baffle that came with it ,
with just two small slots for air or it would barley run .

Well damn, I just asked if we went back to stock and started over would it work and I was told nope...to much air and not enough fuel, maybe bigger I mean bigger jet?

too big of a main will at high rpm . Fix the biggest problm first . off idle seems to be that .
tuning after last call won't help either .

What jets did you end up going with? There's a huge difference in jet size going from methanol to gas. I feel like theres a bigger window when on methanol as well making it easier to tune.

What jets did you end up going with? There's a huge difference in jet size going from methanol to gas. I feel like theres a bigger window when on methanol as well making it easier to tune.
Last jet that was installed was a 12.5 pilot and a 195 main. Other than that I have no idea what else was done.

195 has got to be a methanol jet I am no expert on the flat slide carb I would call jrpw and ask him for a jet size for the fuel you are going to run. EC carbs could prob help steer you in the right direction as well.

It was jetted for alky as I was told by jrpw, he told me to send it back so I did, said he found a few problems and sent it back to me, it has the arc ultra light finless flywheel with 32° of timing built in flywheel. I told him when ordering that I was running gas, bro in law insisted we run e85r. Emulsion tube I was told I didn't have to change. Here is what I ordered...and here is a pic of the 180 jet that he said was wrong....
wait so it was jetted for alky with a 180 and now you're trying to run gas with a 195 jet. You are going the wrong way with jetting. Way too fat for gas.

That was with e85 I went to 195. This is the jet that was in it when Jimmy sold me the carb.
I ordered 4 jets from him 2 up and 2 down from 180.....this is what he sent me.

Attachments

• 20221020_165357.jpg
    20221020_165357.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20221019_105913.jpg
    20221019_105913.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 20
Back