Caster settings for 1/5 mile dirt oval

How much caster split is too much im running +4.0 degrees on LF and +2.0 degrees on RF, also i was thinking about making my caster just +4.0 degrees on RF and LF

A lot run a 4 split, a lot uses 3. Then some use a 2 . Really its kart specific on how much, some like 4 split, others like 3, etc.
12R and 8L is very common along with 10R and 7L.
2R and 4L dont even sound close.

How much caster split is too much im running +4.0 degrees on LF and +2.0 degrees on RF, also i was thinking about making my caster just +4.0 degrees on RF and LF
How are you checking caster?
Center mark on L block lined up with the mark on the caster plate will be the stock location.
Each line on the L block is roughly 2 degrees, I don't think you can get 2 and 4

Last edited:
How are you checking caster?
Center mark on L block lined up with the mark on the caster plate will be the stock location.
Each line on the L block is roughly 2 degrees, I don't think you can get 2 and 4
Ok well i never knew it went 2, 4, 6, 8 and im using a caster camber gauge by Longacre racing products with a 5/8 adapter for karts and quarter midgets

Ok well i never knew it went 2, 4, 6, 8 and im using a caster camber gauge by Longacre racing products with a 5/8 adapter for karts and quarter midgets
Not really 2468 when you line up center mark to center mark you are at the stock caster, what ever it is for your kart 12/8 etc. And then it will go 8, 6 or 8, 10

Back