cc question on a predator non hemi

Newie

rules state 24.58 mim checked thru the plug hole,what is a stock predator? on a green plate deal and id like to get as close as possible,i think,thanks for your input

You may want to reread the rule, or type it out in it's entirety here. You cannot reasonably expect anyone to measure fluid to the accuracy of2 decimal places. Either you read the rule wrong or the author does not know what process is involved.

Stock engine with a minimum combustion chamber of 24.58cc (To be checked through the spark plug hole with syringe).
this was copied and pasted from website

ok seen it done this weekend,they have the kart on a table that tilts to the upright position getting the plug level both ways,they fill there syringe with thin oil to 24.58 cc and squirt in hole if it all fits its good. The syringe is from a farm parts store so the accurancy is off im sure.

There is not a syringe at the farm store that is marked to the accuracy of .00 or hundredths of a cc. They are doing this with the engine on the kart?

Crude method of checking, if it is the stock class I think they are allowing a large buffer for inaccuracy, has anyone been DQ'ed by this method? I think it is a bluff.

Im not sure about anyone being dq'd im really new to this whole kart deal and need to learn a lot,i know I prolly ask a lot of dumb questions but Im trying to do the engines myself and learn as I go.Now if you wanna talk big car that's a whole different chapter!! ;-)

rules state 24.58 mim checked thru the plug hole,what is a stock predator? on a green plate deal and id like to get as close as possible,i think,thanks for your input
I have seen a syringe used before as well.
The answer to your original question is quite simple.
go to the farm store get you a syringe or 2 and prop the enigine up level fill syringe and see what happens.
Next use second syringe and add fluid till it is up to the bottom of plug hole. You could go 1/2 way up your choice. now you will know how close you are and what if any material can be removed.

Back