Chains take care of them !! Warning graphic photos

Thats a big ouch, you going to be sore for a few days, what the heck happen and please tell me you wasn't running a old chain.

Hope you get feeling better soon.

these pics are from 2008 . just dug them out . good chain , no rear gear chaing guard . kart slung chain and got snagged up in rear gear hardware . bound up and snapped . front chain guard was small it whipped its way around a time or two . got my back , back of right arm and i leaned as far to the left as i could then it came over right shoulder and got me across right inner leg .!!! i run LARGE CHAIN GUARDS NOW and NEVER EVER RUN WITHOUT REAR GEAR GUIDE

Mine was actually the result of my animal blowing up , you can see the clutch gear is twisted in the hub when it locked up it snapped the chain

8mm Belt Drive. I believe it is Illegal to run belt drive in dirt, correct? The option should be open to the racer IMO. There are Kevlar belts now that are similar to the Supercharger belt material used in NHRA Fuel racing. We have used the 8mm rubber belt for over 20 years now in Sprint and Road Racing ( not the same one, but the rubber belt design ). Know how many belts we have "broken"?

Dave E.

We race with the Chaindraggone just so things like this might be prevented. I know that scott has showed me how the guide and support of the lower chain will force the chain down and away from my driver. I always use the big chain guard to cover the most possible area of the chain but spacing the clutch out so the clutch sprocket and chain clear the chain guard bolts opens up the area for the chain to possibly get jammed up under the guard. Would not race with out the Draggone or a good chain guard.

Back in the 90's I saw a guy lose a chunk of muscle out of his arm. He had one of those small G.E.M cast chainguards on a limited. When the chain broke it shattered the chainguard and took a hunk out of his arm. Looked like a chain saw got ahold of him, there was blood everywhere, and didn't see him race again for over a year. After that I got rid of every one of those cast chaiguards we had.

Ouch! I make mine out of fairly heavy aluminum angle and bolt them to the engine using a few of the PTO bolt holes. I think it would rip the cases apart before the guard would fail.

Back