charger tyrant big tube little track.

33isnum1

I just purchased a 2013 charger tyrant big tube and I'm going to run it indoors for the winter on a small high bank track running in heavy stock or stock appearing class anybody have good numbers to start with? I tried tonight first time out had 61 left, 56.5 rear and 50 cross it still felt tight but I have gotten into the front end skate and not actually been tight. Should I go up on cross to say 57 and see if that makes it worse before I do anything else?

What camber? LR will be pinned down pretty tight on that setup. Need to have some RF in the track to make it turn. What stagger?

Well with 61 Left and 43.5 nose, yeah that LR is pinned hard. That's why I was wanting to see the rest of the numbers.

Definitely I would have a little more nose. Not a lot of camber.

I'll have to check the camber I just bought the kart kid said he thought it was pretty close, just not on this track. Big problem I'm going to run into is I weigh 300 the seat is pinned against the motor and up to the steering post as tight as I can get it so the rear weight will be less but only way for less rear is my fat ass to lose some weight or add lead to the front but the kart is already #475

I've never even been to an indoor race and I have little data to base any observations on, but I see some things that I wonder about.

First off, the LR is only carrying 33 1/2 percent of the total weight. I have no idea if this means the LR is pinned down but it is certainly a much lower percentage than dirt LTO karts carry. LTO karts, on dirt, usually carry 3 to 4 times that percentage. I have no idea if that's good or bad. Indoor racing is a lot different than outdoor dirt racing.

You say the kart is pushing and then you say it's skating. In this context I'm not sure what you're saying. But that could be because of my inexperience. Skating, by the definition in my head, means sliding. You may be saying something else.

What is the minimum kart/driver weight? If the reason for your inquiry is you feel like your to slow, that big weight disadvantage could have a lot to do with it. If you look at the difference between fast times it other weight brackets you can see how much that weight is hurting you. For instance, if there is a 360 pound class and a 400 pound class, compare the difference in fast times. This should give you an idea of how much that 75 pounds extra is hurting you.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

8 lr 12 rf, -2.25 rf +.5 LF , 1 3\8 rear stagger 1.5 front. When I say skate I have had my street stocks not have enough cross and feel tight but in all actuality it didn't have enough cross. That being said this is not a street stock with springs so there is a difference between the 2 "feelings" from being a 13 year street stock driver to a 1st year karter. I am in the highest weight class for clone. I know I have an I'll handing kart because my borrowed old ass ultramax max handles better but has a stock appearing motor (more hp)

Back