Chassis ID Help!

Smith7s

Hey all, new to the karting scene. We have a couple local tracks here and the karting world has really exploded here this year so I thought I'd jump in. I picked up a couple old kart frames for me and my son and was looking for a little help in Identifying them and any pros/cons to them. If this is in the wrong section please forgive me and point me in the right direction.
This is the first kart, only info I can't find on it is a sticker on front bumper that says "Bullet"

This is the second kart, only ID I could find on it is on top of the front spindles it has "Margay" stamped in them, I Know Margay is a kart builder but didn't know if this was one of their karts or spindles had been added again thanks for any info
http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/armallardbuster/media/Mobile Uploads/image_3.jpg.html]
image_3.jpg
[/URL]

The 2nd kart is definetly a Margay, late 70's-early 80's.

The first kart, not sure.

From a competitive aspect, these wont be competitive in a true racing form. For a backyard track or if you just want to play around, they are adequate

The first kart looks very much like an older bandit chassis I had at one time. Not saying it is tho. I'm with JP on the second being a Margay.

Thanks for the info! I'll have to look into Bandit. We just have a couple very small bull ring dirt oval tracks here. My son is 6 so one of them will be a good starter kart and I'll build the other just as a weekend "FUN" racer for awhile. I raced dirt A mods for 10 yrs and a $40,000 race car vs a $400 race car and getting back to the roots of racing just for fun and not a job will be a blast

Back