Chassis width and length

Bradley71

Why havent the chassis gotten wider and longer over the yrs.do they run a rule for that.i know that manufacturers are doing everything they can to maximize speed,but the chassis havent gotten any longer or wider.seems to me they are leaving speed in the fab shop.like a f1 car that thing is long and they are fast or like dirt track guys take a metric chassis and add 4” of width to it.i know that qrc makes their outlaw karts with couple inches of axle travel front to back.but ya dont see it anywhere else.idk just a thought.

Rule set controls length and width as well as height.
Wheelbase is also controlled.
Beyond this they really aren't Karts

Haven't been to an AKRA/NKA or any national event yet where they actually check kart chassis width, length or wheelbase ;)

I have at the WKA’s They were checking chassis rules and the seat. Randall don’t play
if they're really checking.Charger, Premier, Platinum, and Millennium should all be disqualified WKA frame rule says front and rear wheels are to be connected by outside frame rails. those chassis where the right rail crosses over to the left are illegal according to WKA

if they're really checking.Charger, Premier, Platinum, and Millennium should all be disqualified WKA frame rule says front and rear wheels are to be connected by outside frame rails. those chassis where the right rail crosses over to the left are illegal according to WKA
🤷‍♂️ I just know what I saw

Can you highlight the rules section where this is stated per WKA rules?

I don't have access to the rule book but Slack told me about it. they said WKA rules stated the front wheels must be connected to the rear with a continuous tube
I've been trying to get a hold of them about an elevate set up guide ill ask them what the rule says when I talk to them

Last edited:
401.1 is the frame rule .
My rulebook is out of date .
Nothing about a continuous tube .

Attachments

• 17024473816619188066408660999039.jpg
    17024473816619188066408660999039.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 30
Continuos could be interpreted . ie : a welded connection would be continuos .
I'm thinking If its in the rules somewhere then its refering to a olson type design or a design where the right front is not connected .
all the support for the front Hoop is on the left or left of center .
Still would like to see the actual Rule .

Continuos could be interpreted . ie : a welded connection would be continuos .
I'm thinking If its in the rules somewhere then its refering to a olson type design or a design where the right front is not connected .
all the support for the front Hoop is on the left or left of center .
Still would like to see the actual Rule .
I don't see it anywhere in the 2023 WKA Manual. The only wording a can find that might be applicable would be "of proven safe design, main frame members shall be constructed of nominally round tubing, allowing for normal distortion and elongation near bend radii"

called Slack today he said it was in there says the chassis is to be constructed from two continuous rails. Maybe in a different section? don't know only what i was told by a chassis manufacturer. was also told the dimensions were changed for Umax and you could get the rules changed if you have enough $$$. What is the WKA anyway?? on dirt it's one race weekend in Florida.

WKA established essentially what is the modern oval kart chassis rules. Almost all of the oval kart sanctioning bodies use WKA chassis rules. Oval karting isn't just dirt. Most asphalt series follow WKA rules as well. Since these rules are established and all modern and older chassis are based on them, why not follow them instead of trying to get an entire new set of chassis rules established fracturing karting even more.

You think it's bad establishing engine rules, wait till you have to declare your chassis rule set after the race. Even IKF chassis rules are almost identical to WKA for oval chassis.

I've read IKF, WKA, CIK, KART, and a few other chassis rules section. No where in any of them state a rule resembling anything close to what was stated. Interpretation is one thing, but hard to see.

called Slack today he said it was in there says the chassis is to be constructed from two continuous rails. Maybe in a different section? don't know only what i was told by a chassis manufacturer. was also told the dimensions were changed for Umax and you could get the rules changed if you have enough $$$. What is the WKA anyway?? on dirt it's one race weekend in Florida.
Perhaps they are confused with rule 487.6 roll- cage .
Side bar C must be one continuous tube .

Back