Chavis Seat inTriton

Modifiedracer

Looking for a Chavis Racing Product Seat for Triton dont like the Select at all, has anyone put a CRP Seat in and loved it. What is best seat Placement and where can I order one from ??? Large Seat Adult Driver 375 lbs.

I am running one in a Seraph and love it, very confortable.I had to move mine over to the left about 4 3/4 from engine mount rail on right strut, to get left side % up to where I needed it. The Chavis is shaped much different so select seaat measurments wont work. Dont know about Triton but that should get you close to start with.

Looking for a Chavis Racing Product Seat for Triton dont like the Select at all, has anyone put a CRP Seat in and loved it. What is best seat Placement and where can I order one from ??? Large Seat Adult Driver 375 lbs.

I have a chavous seat in two of my tritons and one select and the chavous is much better than the select IMO. The only difference in seat mounting is the height, I run the chavous at 9 to 9-1/4" inches off the axle and the select 10" off the axle. 4-1/2" off motor rail, if you need more left just add weight. Center the front with the steering post and back about a thumb width, this is for large seat.

Flash PRC recomends mounting the select seat 4" off motor rail on right and 8 5/8" -8 3/4" off axel. Thats what I ment further to the left than thier recomendations. I also mount the front off center to the left about 1/2" -3/4" and about 1-1/2 back , 8 3/4 off axel. I agree the chavous are much more confortable and fit like a glove when you get squessed into it. I also run the Large seat and love it. I dont believe that a 1/2" difference in the seat hight one way or the other will affect VCG enought to make up for the driver bieing in a good feeling position for racing.

I think you're right about all of it, 4-1/2 is just what I was told by prc on the triton, which I'm going to have to move it another 1/2" to clear my new motor cause right now the motor is touching the seat front and rear and that's with the seat at 4-1/2". I'm going to need the extra left side anyways lol, but normally I would just add weight to get percentages vs moving the seat.

Flash, I would not move the seat any more than 4 1/2". More than that is dangerous territory with a tendency to never unload the left rear tire.

Don't have a choice hotel, ask harril he'll tell ya the jawa is big it literally hits the seat at 4-1/2 and isn't even in the mount all the way, I'm going to try the select back in it and see but I think it's going to hit too.

Yes, it's a big 500cc 4stroke UAS engine. With Harrils mount it hits the front and back right edge of the seat.

Gonna need more left rear the motor lays forward. Its 66lbs dry weight with fuel injection, that's without the mount and js, clutch, and exhaust.

Back