chemical questions

Just about anything, oils add bite, cleaners add bite by opening the pores and bringing the oils to the surface, softeners used lightly, hot lap

I have used the Venom Red Hot as well as Pink (lighter version of it) for weekly conditioning. I have nothing negative to say about it, works really well. I kind of got away from Venom the last few years going back to good old hot lap 2 but as soon as it's gone I'll be back in full support of Mr Bishop and the Venom line for 2015.

As far as chemical names, good luck. I highly suggest buying prep for $14/30 a quart that's proven rather than ruin tires trying stuff to save money. Wd40 is still commonly used for conditioning, and like I said, a tire cleaner such as Trac Tac tire wash/Acrysol/ProBlend/Naphta will open pores creating bite by pulling oils to the surface.

I followed the directions to a T and really liked what it did. I believe it was 2 wipes Monday and another 2 Wednesday. If you needed more roll the two coats on instead. Right about when I ran out of it and went back to hotlap is when people started testing at the track use, can't really help on that just remember hearing good things for certain conditions.

What do you want your new prep to do, could make a list six hundred pages long of chemicals and listed patents that already exist.

If its just bite, look into acid values, evaporation rates, and specific gravity.

Back