Clone clutch

br2715

I’m putting together a stock appearing clone. Was looking at a 2 disk bully and was wandering if that clutch will be okay with that app I’m putting together. Thanks in advance

Hard to beat a genuine Bully clutch, but the myriad of other clutches that all look similar will do fine.
Depending on how "built" your stock appearing clone is, you may, or may not, want a 3 disc clutch.
If you're putting in a good crank, then by all means go with the 3 disc and let'r eat.
If it's a stock crank build and not building a ton of torque, you won't need a 3 disc -- a 2 disc will work just fine.
You may want a steel basket just to keep from wearing out over time.

We always have good fresh rebuilt Bully clutches set up for your application and your choice of driver for $200 - if that's of any interest.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Should work great . Closer to a modified / open build a three disc would be a consideration.
People racing the KT Yamaha run 3 to 4 discs all the time. Seeing as how the 4 cycle puts out a lot more torque than the 2 cycle, why wouldn't they want the same number of discs? I understand that one uses a dry clutch and the other a wet clutch, but can that make that much difference?

They get heavy quick . Adverse opinion on rotating weight vs speed .
On the clone/predator the cast crank is weak .
More surface area with less wear. Would seem to be a benefit .

They get heavy quick . Adverse opinion on rotating weight vs speed .
On the clone/predator the cast crank is weak .
More surface area with less wear. Would seem to be a benefit .
Seems to me that, if you have a dyno, it would be a real easy thing to check.

Back