Clone pull start question

Vegaman

Do u have to have the stock pull start on the motor or can u use a use a starter an is there an advantage to taking it off

Depends on the class your running, but i see even opens still using the pull start, so its really a preference IMO. Not really an advantage to taking them off until you start breaking them quite often

Has to be intact for stock classes, engine must be presented for tech as it came from the factory other than the allowed upgrades such as pipe, filter, ect...

Ask the track where you race at if your allowed to take off the recoil starter, some tracks will allow you to and some wont, just depends on what rule set they go by, their own or AKRA rules with their own spin on them

Depends on the class your running, but i see even opens still using the pull start, so its really a preference IMO. Not really an advantage to taking them off until you start breaking them quite often

Must not be much of an Open if you can pull start it.

No advantage to taking it off, let's in more air for the fan to work, takes HP. I tape up the starter shroud air holes to block the air. My BS clone never gets over 400F. I do the same with Animals I run on gas.

Back