clutch gearing running a jacketshaft on kt yamaha engine

21/57 on primary (belt drive to crankshaft) and on the secondary side I would probably be on a 22-23 on the clutch and about a 65 on the rear sprocket, you could run the 53-54 on the sprocket but you're gonna need to be pretty small on the clutch driver gear....could end up getting gear bound or over revving it tho....😉

Never had an opportunity to run a 2 stroke on a 1/5th mile, but more than likely, your not going to be off the throttle much getting in or through the corners, with like 16/54 on the secondary side with 21/57 on the primary side, not for 100% sure, but I would tend to think you might run out of motor pull (gear bound) before the end of the straightaway, which is gonna mess up your corner entry...etc, etc, etc....jmo

16/54= 3.375 and 21/57= 2.71
3.375 x 2.71= 9.16 final drive ratio
9.16 is gonna create high motor rpms...quickly....maybe too quickly...I'd be inclined to try this combo on a small indoor oval if I was running a kt....

Sorry guys the track size is 1/3 mile, ben hur speedway jackshaft setup is new but been racing old gearing 9-76 with wet clutch back long time ago

I race there with my Yamaha and I run a 21/57 belt driver and 22/65 on the clutch and rear
Yea, that 8.02 sounds a lot closer to me. I would think you could even be on less gear and not twist the engine so hard - but tune and pipe determine where you really need to twist your 2cycle. We ran 9/72 back in the day and won plenty @Crawfordsville with our Yamahas - but that's when twisting them 14K and clutching 10.9K was leading edge. :)
Ben Hur is not really a 1/3 mile - you gear it more like a 1/4 mile track. I don't even think it was a 1/3 back when it had the dogleg. It's a big track, but gear it like 1/4 mile and you'll be fine.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com