Clutch setup

Marcis71

I've seen people recommend using a bathroom scale and a sturdy wall to set up your clutch. Can anyone tell me how many pounds of pressure might be an average for a WKA stock animal with a Dyno 002 cam? Also, when you hit clutch lockup RPM should the engine hold that RPM or does the engine want to shut down? Mine just shuts off and will quit unless you let off the throttle before it stops rotating, then it will pick back up.

I suppose there are people that can give you an average number, but find the rpm where yours puts out the maximum.

How long are you holding the throttle down? I hope not more than 3 or 4 seconds! What have you done with the low-speed jet? What sizes it?

I suppose there are people that can give you an average number, but find the rpm where yours puts out the maximum.

How long are you holding the throttle down? I hope not more than 3 or 4 seconds! What have you done with the low-speed jet? What sizes it?

I found and corrected the fuel issue that I had and no, I didn't hold the load on the clutch for long. I monitored the heat and blew 125psi air over it with a blow gun while loading it; also it wouldn't hold load at clutch lock up so I couldn't have held it if I wanted to. I will set it up to my max reading, but I am going to mess with it again tonight seeing as I fixed the fuel issue and was just looking for comparison numbers if anyone had any and wanted to share.

Back