clutch

6fochevy

I'm new to karting and I'm wondering what's the best drum clutch to run on a clone. Any help would be great.

Hilliard Flame and Hilliard Fury are the most popular shoe clutches being used right now, the fury is the more widely used clutch but the Flame is even better and has alot more adjustability for a broader rpm range. It can be used on anything from a bone stock predator, clone, flathead to a full out open build. I use the flame and would not trade it for any other shoe clutch out there. The blaze is the next step up from the flame and has a little more adjustability. The flame and blaze both have a range of springs and weight kits to help fine tune the clutch for the rpm range you want it to engage at, as well as the shoes being able to be positioned differently to adjust how the clutch engages, whether you want it hard and fast or smooth and gradual.

Which springs are best to use with the fury clutch. Black or white . is it better to have the 2300 rpm engage or the black springs at 3000 rpm engage. run on pavement unrestricted 6.5 hp clone

Fury with black springs.

You can offset the springs too, two whites and two blacks, this should be around 2600-2700 rpm range.

Put the springs in that will let the clutch hold the engine at peak torque on the starts. Nothing else matters.

If you put a bathroom scale between the front of your kart "and a strong wall", the clutch setting, (rpm) that gives you the highest reading on the scale is what you want.

Back