Comer 50

Hanscom34

Just got a kid kart with a comer motor not sure what oil I should run and what the mix should be. I got klots oil and thought it should be 25-1

Familyman

4 Cycle Advanced User

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the Blendzall green label is the best for these comers and the 87. but you're not running enough oil, 4 oz to a gal. is great for your weedeater. Comers like 8 oz / gal. under normal ambient temp. If its cold out you drop to 6 oz. if its good and hot you can get up to 9 oz.
The more oil, the leaner the air/fuel mixture. The leaner you get the hotter that little comer runs and they like to run hot. If you get it to lean when it cold out it won't take off.
Start with 8 oz / gal. and adjust with your carb jet to get the spark plug looking like coffee with cream. black plug go to a smaller jet, white plug go to a bigger jet.
Rich is stronger on low end (but won't wind out), lean has more top end.

Be sure to drain the fuel and let the engine run out on the stand after the racing evening. Them Dellortos hate fuel left in them. Most say if you don't mind some carbon buildup to increase compression some then run the Blendzall green castor at 8oz/gal for 16:1 or if you want to keep the piston clean and are not worried about more compression then run a synthetic ( I use red line) oil as it will not carbon like the castor but also mix at 8oz/gal or 16:1.

Back