Comer C-50 engine questions

fresh69s

Comer c-50 on my daughters kid kart, car seems to be sluggish on starts and always seems like its rich and smoking. Car has a 58 jet no restrictor, cause we run the unrestricted class, small cone style air filter, and champion plug. I am using klotz benloil 3 oz to 1/2 gal of gas. Any have any suggestions, i was told to run amsoil 2 cycle oil. let me know
Thanks

Comer c-50 on my daughters kid kart, car seems to be sluggish on starts and always seems like its rich and smoking. Car has a 58 jet no restrictor, cause we run the unrestricted class, small cone style air filter, and champion plug. I am using klotz benloil 3 oz to 1/2 gal of gas. Any have any suggestions, i was told to run amsoil 2 cycle oil. let me know
Thanks
do you have a tack on the car? Do you know at what rpm the engine reaches peak torque? That is the rpm the clutch should be slipping at on the starts. I'm not familiar with that engine, what jet would it run stock? Are you running alcohol?

Not sure where you're located, but as hot as its been, I'd be running a 54-55 jet. I have two carbs, one works great in the cold, sucks in the heat, the other is backwards...id get another carb if you can too since these things are so finicky.

Back