Corner weight scales.

There is nothing more imperfect than a dirt race track, and charts, graphs, and spread sheets deal only in absolutes. If soil composition, tire rules, weather, how many times (and when) the track was watered factors were entered you might be onto something. You really can't beat a trailer full of parts options and the ability to analyze a track and recognize needed changes (if any) . Hard to beat seat time, a stopwatch, some track knowledge and a tool box.

It's a chart based on math to guess at stagger?
Key word is guess, there are too many unknown variables ,it will always leave you on the wrong side of optimum stagger.
I don't have to ask questions, I'm saying anything you do with the spreadsheet is a waste of time.
Our feature wins and factory sponsorship is our proof, where's yours?
I don’t need proof. I have an objective to ask him a question. You don’t have any idea where my angle is or why. You don’t even know if I’m looking at the entry, the exit, the entire turn. You don’t know how the kart was there the last time on this track. You also don’t know about the two brand new tracks we’ll be running that have never had karts on them yet. Your feature wins and your factory sponsorship don’t do **** for me. It doesn’t help me get better one single bit.

I guess you probably think spread sheets for gear ratios are bad too?

If you're trying to pick a word fight, XXX will probably be happy to oblige you.

If you drive your corners perfectly symmetrically with the apex always at the center of the corner, then the math stagger chart might work ok.
But if you (and you will) find that you wait just a bit on corner entry, and use a later apex to make the straightaway as long as possible, then the math chart more than likely won't work.
Slower in and fast off will normally beat fast in and slow off, every time.
The only turn radius I’m looking at is exiting turn 2 onto the long “D” shaped straight away.

In my case I’m not looking at stagger for the apex, I’m not looking for stagger on entry. I’m looking to give my 13 year old blue plate maximum roll speed at the end of the sweeping “D” shaped straight. The last time on the track the kart was turning way to easy. He’d turn left and it would nearly cut across the infield. This stagger was waaay too much. He also had to fight it on the straights. I want his stagger to be mathematically as close as I can get it for when he exiting the apex as the weight transferred back to the left side. He does enter later to make the next straight away as long as possible. This is another reason I want his stagger to be optimized exiting this turn. Mainly for two reasons. #1) More top speed at the end of the next straight. #2) As other drivers hit the apex to early, I want him to be able to hold it to inside of the kart in front of him. The smaller I can go the easier it will be for him to drive but I don’t want either wheel to be scrubbing speed on exit.

The only turn radius I’m looking at is exiting turn 2 onto the long “D” shaped straight away.

In my case I’m not looking at stagger for the apex, I’m not looking for stagger on entry. I’m looking to give my 13 year old blue plate maximum roll speed at the end of the sweeping “D” shaped straight. The last time on the track the kart was turning way to easy. He’d turn left and it would nearly cut across the infield. This stagger was waaay too much. He also had to fight it on the straights. I want his stagger to be mathematically as close as I can get it for when he exiting the apex as the weight transferred back to the left side. He does enter later to make the next straight away as long as possible. This is another reason I want his stagger to be optimized exiting this turn. Mainly for two reasons. #1) More top speed at the end of the next straight. #2) As other drivers hit the apex to early, I want him to be able to hold it to inside of the kart in front of him. The smaller I can go the easier it will be for him to drive but I don’t want either wheel to be scrubbing speed on exit.
Any dirt track in the country, maximum roll speed on any straightaway comes from good corner speed. Dont worry about the exit, worry about the whole corner and the exit will take care of itself.

Sounds more like you have a geometry problem, may be as simple as moving the tie rods back towards the driver as far as possible and slow down some of the steering input.
Wrong spot on the track to be adjusting stagger for

Back