Cross Adjustment

intimidator3

Here is my question:
When I increase cross by moving washers in the front one way or another, does it matter if for instance the right side has all the washers on top or bottom and the left side is still close to the middle?

I guess I am trying to ask how important is changing both sides equally?

Any thoughts or theories on which side is better to change, etc....

Cross adjustment

Yes it does matter, because the way you have the washers placed affects the rake you want to run the right front spindle lower on the right side that will add cross to the kart and the rake will help the kart rotate thru the middle.

Yes it does matter, because the way you have the washers placed affects the rake you want to run the right front spindle lower on the right side that will add cross to the kart and the rake will help the kart rotate thru the middle.

If the spindle is lower on the right side that would make the frame higher and creating more rake wouldn't that make it harder for the kart to roll over?

Yes it does make it transfer less to the right front,, But the cross people run these days takes care of that pretty easily.

Nose-47.0
Left-56.0
Left front spindle all the way up
Right front spindle all the way down
Right front camber-3 1/2
Left front camber- 0.0
Right front castor- 11.0 pos.
Left front castor-7.0 pos.
Front stagger 1 1/2
Rear stagger 1 1/4

Tires maxxis pinks rights
3/4 ounce lambert blue
3/4 ounce mafia original
Mixed together in a glass container which combined =1 1/2 ounces
Take valve stem out squeeze or push down on tire place a small tube on a small funnel
Then with valve stem to the bottom place funnel on valve stem and pour mix into funnel while relaxing tire
Put valve stem in being careful not to move tire not to splash onto side walls put 10 psi air
Carefully carry to roller and let roll 24 hours do not put anything on the outside

Left rear- straight up nothing on inside

Left front - 1/2 ounce lambert blue and 1/2 mafia original
Roll all tires together at the same time.
Before the bashing starts:
I have been out of karting for a few years. Why?
I am in late model stock cars now, but I have a trophy case full of trophies from karting
And I have been on a lot of different chassis and I can say this though experience.
And have outrun big names in karting on old chassis.
I have come to learn they are all a piece of metal and they all will take the same numbers
Now kart manufactors will not like this post as well as tire guru's that want your money
The only reason I am giving out this secret is I am no longer in this sport after a lot hanging around all the right people. Here is my email just in case someone wants to see if I know what I am talking about.
Wayneshell4@gmail.com

Back