Custom Suit

MudMonster4

Probably going to need to order a custom suit for my son. His dimensions dont line up with standard kart gear. Wondering what companies everyone has used and and your experience with them. Gonna give K1 a call tomorrow for starters. Thanks in advance!

Probably going to need to order a custom suit for my son. His dimensions dont line up with standard kart gear. Wondering what companies everyone has used and and your experience with them. Gonna give K1 a call tomorrow for starters. Thanks in advance!
SUBLMTD. Had very good experience with them. Had a couple issues where the seams came apart on my suit. They covered the shipping back to them and fixed it for no cost.

Not trying to beat you up on this but if your son is under the age of 18, he's growing every day and that custom/expensive suit won't fit long.
I've had to change all the gear out in the middle of a season before.
Now my kids wear stuff that doesn't always fit perfect, but it does keep our budget, friendly.
Just a quick thought.
Maybe money is no thing for you.

kids grow too fast for custom suits unless you wanna keep them for the memories. nothing wrong with a jacket and pants you can even get some motorcross pants. last years styles are always on sale for cheap.

K1 is the worst quality, unless they've made DRASTIC improvements lately. I got one for Christmas one year and refuse to wear it now, although it looks nice, it FEELS horrible. I have a nice G-Force now. (the red one in my avatar pic). I've had good luck with eBay closeouts, FB marketplace. I also have a friend who's a dealer who's hooked me up before too. He has some "husky" options if that's what you're looking for.

I've had the same problem with my son. I was literally about to hit send on an order for a custom suit when I had second thoughts. Thank goodness I did! I found one that did fit well enough, and within about three months, he had outgrown that one, as well. For the next suit, I bought the smallest adult suit I could find and had a tailoring shop take it in. And it cost pennies on the dollar compared to purchasing then replacing custom stuff at least yearly (or three times in this last year in our case).

I've had the same problem with my son. I was literally about to hit send on an order for a custom suit when I had second thoughts. Thank goodness I did! I found one that did fit well enough, and within about three months, he had outgrown that one, as well. For the next suit, I bought the smallest adult suit I could find and had a tailoring shop take it in. And it cost pennies on the dollar compared to purchasing then replacing custom stuff at least yearly (or three times in this last year in our case).

We ended up going with a Velocita Custom Race Suit for 500 bucks. Other suits we were looking at depending on rating where 150-400 bucks and then we would have to have them altered. Didnt want to run a karting jacket only. Wanted something with a little fire protection since hes strapped in. Were gonna size it a little big which they said is common. We can run our shirt graphic which we had made on it which is nice and will be something nice for my son to keep once were all said and done with this madness :). So far, they have been a great company to work with. Very responsive to questions.

Hotshoe Racing has some affordable custom suits we usually just add an inch or 2 to his measurements for room to grow.

We went with Velocita but Ill keep this in mind. Thats exactly what im going to discuss with them when I talk to them about room to grow adding to the measurements.

Velocita is the best bang for your buck and top notch customer service, my driver is 9 and they give him room for growth in his measurements

Velocita is the best bang for your buck and top notch customer service, my driver is 9 and they give him room for growth in his measurements
Awesome to hear. Did u send them his true measurements and then they adjusted them so he had room to grow? It's great texting with them to get stuff done. Even texted our suit logos.

Last edited:
Awesome to hear. Did u send them his true measurements and then they adjusted them so he had room to grow? It's great texting with them to get stuff done. Even texted our suit logos.
I have had them measure at the Chili Bowl, they have good info on how to measure, but I am sure I could find a way to mess it up

Back