Cuts ofc

krtrcn

I have a stock predator, Saturday night it was a little hard to start. Ran good, during the race I had to lift to avoid another driver, when I got back on the throttle it just wasn't the same. When I pulled off the track it shut off as soon as I let off the gas. I've checked and cleaned the carb, and its still shutting off. What should I check next,could it be a spring getting weak. I've even tried a new fuel pump.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
A valve spring getting weak will not cause an engine to shut off. Have you checked your clutch? My answer is a long shot but the description is vague.

Explain further the engine sitting idling no clutch will stop running, or do you have to rev it, does it sputter, does it start right back up, need detail, you don't tell the dr's you have got a boo boo.

OK here goes. I have the motor with new clutch, fuel pump,spark plug, and cleaned carb. It will start and idle fine, but when I give it full throttle and let off, its shuts off. I've even checked the timing key.

OK here goes. I have the motor with new clutch, fuel pump,spark plug, and cleaned carb. It will start and idle fine, but when I give it full throttle and let off, its shuts off. I've even checked the timing key.

The "clean carb" might not yet be clean enough. A transient hunk of crud (piece of bug leg, antenna, wing, etc) in a fuel passageway can deal misery in a carb.

Back