Dawg Thread 2

Yea them's pretty chunked up .
Know they working when they're like that, needed some more sipes.
Too much work to do and not enough time
20220718_182843.jpg

Well Tony it sounds like you have your work cut out for ya
Heading to Topeka for a double header race this week. Racing starts tommorow but looks to be some rain in the forecast. Have a good week dawgs!

Well dawgs went out first round in the first race with both cars…both red light. In second race went out first round with one car with another red light and the other car made it to the second round but just couldn’t take the stripe. In weather like this weekend it is hard for our super mod drag cars with small block chevys in this air. It doesn’t affect dragster nearly as much but it is hard to make a fast pass but we did pretty good. Track prep was bad so on top of the bad air we had to do a few things on the starting line which slowed the cars down a little. The more I go drag racing the more I think of how fun it would be but I just don’t have the money right now but I am gonna keep saving up for a stocker or dragster to go run with em.

Dad needs to wait for the light :rolleyes: .
A small block na dragster would be super fun and cheap too run .
Problem is as stated you only get laps in practice if you have issues on race day .

Yessir that is true and that is what we get beat by is N/A Small Block Dragsters. Or the Altereds and old Pro Stock cars with 400ci motors. Our super mods just don’t want to compete in that weather but the challenge can make it both fun or miserable at the same time. To run in the classes we run in though a small block dragster motor is very similar to ours and the motor alone is over 65k but our small block 316 makes 906 horsepower.

My dad usually doesn’t red light but he did that one time…car rolled into the beams a little far and he realized it so he tried to leave later but it didn’t work. My grandpa red light in both races. He was getting antsy. Hasn’t been out in over a year so he was a little nervous and couldn’t wait for the light. Easier said than done though.

Back