Dirt oval tracks in NJ

racerboy20m

Does anyone know of any dirt oval go-kart tracks in NJ? If so please pm me with an answer. Also i am looking to buy a kart if anybody has one I need an engine as well.

Does anyone know of any dirt oval go-kart tracks in NJ? If so please pm me with an answer. Also i am looking to buy a kart if anybody has one I need an engine as well.

no dirt tracks in nj.....im in south jersey and go to shellhammers in pa., in north jersey you have NY, in jersey for pavement you have wall stadium.....

Also, in PA there is a track in Snydersville, PA that is not too far from, Shellhammers.

I would love to go up there to their Flea Market but its opening day for trout where I live :(

Kart racing began in the middle 50's in Cal., by the time it got to N.J., they were still all rear engine and running mostly parking lots, then a guy got killed in a parking lot race in either Metuchen or New Brunswick, the N.J. S.P. stepped in and banned all go Kart racing in the state. I think that in later yrs. Kart racing was allowed due to the efforts of John Ferris Sr. but only on sprint tracks, no ovals. Many yrs. later we raced at Island Dragway and Flemington dirt oval, but only on paved sprint tracks in the infields.

Last edited:
When we first ran at O.V. in 1980, it was a 1/10th. mile paved oval with a couple of turns added to make it a road course, and we turned right like the limeys do, after the club went to Island Dragway, the new owner, Sal Noto, built at least 2 different lay-outs and the last one was the way it was when I last saw it about 2003? Sal also built the Dirt oval, it was orig. 1/4 mile. Brett and Bobby Hearn ran there just before we did, There were also a bunch of connections to the huge Stock-car racing groups in Orange county. on the later versions Larry and Ronnie,jr., Ferraiuolo raced there too.

Last edited:
Another big reason no oval tracks for karts in N.J. is that for many yrs. the NJDMV controlled all racing and made their own rules packages, 1 big one was that to race an oval, dirt or paved , you needed to have 4 wheel breaks, that worked. I know that It has since been changed because we raced our Micro-Stocks at Pine Brook, Flemington, Bridgeport ,and New Egypt with just rear brakes, early '90's.

If you're by trenton I am too im in Hamilton I have some kartd shellhammers is in pa and the next closest track might be Delaware I hear they will be starting karts at airport speedway pm me n we can talk

Back