dirt road track kart setup

RD197

very new to karts looking for a base general starting point setup for a dirt road course style track. The track consist of mostly right hand turns with a few lefts. looking for things like what tire size and spacing on the axle how to set up the alignment. and the weight. What kind of seat set up should I go with? Clutching things like that. Again I'm brand new to this and just looking for advice. I'm 6'3" 200# thank you in advance.

flattop1

Dawg 89
Location ?
Generally a rr set-up should fit the bill .
. Sit up seat . Treads or slicks . Both frt the same bothr rear the same .
11/5/5 frt 12 /8/5 or 11.5 / 7/ 5.
Tires there abouts wether 5 or 6 inch wheels .

RD197

I'm in Ohio just a back yard track.
I'm not sure what a rr setup is I'm sorry like I said I'm all new to this.
they run slick tires.
thank you for you input so taller wider tires in the rear? should the rear width be narrower then the front width?

flattop1

Dawg 89
Road race setup.
No . Id say close to even . If possible.
Biggest thing is getting it going and hit the track . Probably dont want too wide of a tire in the rear . Its got too turn.

RD197

that is a good question I'm not sure what it is to be honest just a used kart. I figured setup wise in general would be the same no matter the brand?

Chim-chim

Site Supporter
Definitely not the same. Post some pictures of the chassis and someone should be able to help. Try to tip it up and lean it against the wall and get a good picture of the frame from underneath and also where the front spindles are attached. I’m not a frame guru, but this is the information needed to determine what you have.

flattop1

Dawg 89
An older chassis would probably be better if its a dirt kart .
Otherwise a sprint kart is what you need .