Dirty tires...

496 BB

After running in track my tires never seem to clean off and cake up. What is out there to use to just repel the dirt if anything. Ive seen the trac tac stuff but does it actually work? I dont use preps and its a private track. Got SS11 tires.

If you are talking about your tires picking up dirt from the track while you are racing it is BC you are off on the tires

After running in track my tires never seem to clean off and cake up. What is out there to use to just repel the dirt if anything. Ive seen the trac tac stuff but does it actually work? I dont use preps and its a private track. Got SS11 tires.

I always try to bring a old set of crumby old tires with me to the track . just in case they ask us to run in the track . then change them to my good tires

Older set of tires to run track in is what we do. Then a wide paint scraper to remove large chunks of clay before washing in hot water. Clean up good as new.

If you are talking about your tires picking up dirt from the track while you are racing it is BC you are off on the tires

I dont use prep nor is it allowed. What else can I do chemical wise thats not prep per se? I dont really need to go softer as these are pretty soft as is.

^ That's a better question for your track tech. You could clean with a typical tire wash for kart tires, TT blue or our Mean Apple Clean both work very well. Some folks use Simple Green, shampoo, dish soap, windshield washer fluid, laundry soap, you name it for homebrews. If tire cleaning chemicals are allowed, then take it the next step....Pro-Blend offers a "Tire Cleaner" that opens the pores of the rubber, as does Acrysol, and our Green Dragon Grip -- used for deep cleaning the rubber before applying prep, or for higher biting track surfaces. .Would the track consider this prepping though? Again, I would ask the track.
Also, what keeps guys from prepping at home, or prepping internally?
There are LOTS of preps that will add bite without softening.
If I can help you with any of our tire preps or cleaners, please feel free to call our shop.

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Well the track is private. Kinda of dont tell kind of thing...lol. Reason I didnt want prep was dont want to ruin my tires as we just started using these and I planned on using them for a few years and didnt want them hardening up and all that mess. Maybe Im misinformed on prep as I dont know much about it but was just wondering if my handling probs are from tires all caked up and not cleaning correctly. I clean them with simple green before every weekend and usually let all the other guys run in track so they can get dirty but sometimes I do it myself. They are always dirty it seems. Anything for that? More bite is always good if you cant tell that Im prepping.

Even simple green could be considered prepping. Rolling them internally with a good conditioner prep would make them work much better. As far as at the track if you don't want to prep at the track as said the blue tire wash from Track Tac works great.

I personally wouldn't use simple green as you said you didn't want to dry the tires out. Simple green will do just that. It seems you're slightly misinformed about prep. Or simply uneducated, which can easily be changed if you'll call Brian here offering up help.

Sounds like your tires are getting mud on them, not "dirt" for lack of better terminolgy due to the fact that your saying you use a scraper. On Burris tires for a home brew put transmission fluid on them thru the week, it wont ruin your tires or dry them out and will make a huge difference in keeping the mud from caking up on them. And yes if your tires are caked with mud you will not handle good at all.

So tranny fluid works for keeping mud off? Yes it is mud that gets on there and is annoying as crap.

I will call you Brian tomorrow or Friday depending on my schedule.

Yes it works great, and their are a lot of red preps out there with trans fluid in them as a main ingredient.

If you use the correct tire treatments and cleaners you will not ruin tires, you will actually get them to last longer. Give me a call if I can answer any questions as well.

Ok heres what these look like after the first 10 laps or so. Is this normal or bad? I used tranny fluid on em couple hours before we were to race (6 maybe). Brian sorry havent had a chance to call you yet but plan on it. You too Chris.

20140608_181830_zpsag3wosw6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks like you need to run your track in with a car or truck before you all run on it. Thats rediculous. You all really water the track down dont you lol

well thats just running it in and it never comes off. Like it gets stuck on there. Need something to RESIST it.

You wont find anything that is going to keep the mud from sticking to the tires when your using the tires to roll in a wet muddy track, its just not going to happen. Only real solution is to get yourself an old set of tires and only use that set for rolling in the track, or use vehicles to pack the track. I refuse to take my kart out and pack the track in like other people will do, ill sit back and let everyone else do it, i spend far too much time cleaning and getting my stuff ready to race each week to go out for 5 minutes and the entire kart be caked in 50lbs of mud. I just wont do it

Back