does this racing head needs lash caps?

ruicunha

I ordered a GX390 Full race ported & polished cylinder head, milled .100''.
The head has a custom valve job and includes lightweight, high flow stainless steel valves, 50Lb valve springs and an aluminium retainer & Split keeper set

Just opened package and theres no lash caps, do i need lash caps on this head? Waiting from answear from seller.
Thanks.

id call the builder and ask. they may not work with the retainer and springs they used. wouldn't want to void any warranty.

got this answear:
"Hi

I recommend HP lashcaps

Kind regards,"

Fisrt of all doesnt make any sense selling a almost complete head without hd lashcaps, second the answear is ridiculous, i still dont know if i need just one or two lash caps. terrible customer support.

I ordered a GX390 Full race ported & polished cylinder head, milled .100''.
The head has a custom valve job and includes lightweight, high flow stainless steel valves, 50Lb valve springs and an aluminium retainer & Split keeper set

Just opened package and theres no lash caps, do i need lash caps on this head? Waiting from answear from seller.
Thanks.
i dont know what kind of valves you but s/s dont realy need them, i been racing a long time in S/A and SBO and never run lash caps, to me thats just something else to go wrong.

Most often lash caps are a band-aid fix for improper valve geometry. Make your pushrods the right length, shim the pedestal if you need to, but lash caps are "generally" not necessary. Lash caps widen the contact patch for the rocker to make contact. On loose/floppy stamped steel rockers they may be useful, but with a quality roller rocker, I don't like to use lash caps. How aggressive your cam is, (50# springs are not all that rough) and how soft your valve stems are might also be a determining factor for using lash caps or not.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com