Drift Trike

BigB

I have been into the mini bike scene for a few years now and stumbled onto this Drift Trike thing that looks like a LOT of fun. I am wanting to build one and am looking into rounding up the parts. Basically need everything for a live axle kart setup, where is the best place to find all the parts I need at a reasonable price?

I know that the karts use the bearing bracket and bearings but what about using pillow blocks?
What would you guys recommend as far as parts? I think a set of 4" wide or 6" wide tires would be a plenty for all I am wanting to do.

Thanks for any and all help!

BigB I think that If I were you that I would look into buying and older kart to cut off the rear frame section to use as a starting point. Already have the motor rails in place. Just add your front frame section design and it should be a fairly easy fabrication.

I made one out of an old kart and an old bike they are a blast. There is no need for a big block there is already not enough traction for a little crf50 engine. I also used the seat off the old kart, be ready to buy extra axles cause curbs hurt, lol.

Flash06,
What kind of axles did you use? Did you use the bearing brackets like on a Kart or Pillow blocks?

I used the rear rails, brakes, sprocket hub, and axle off of a kart, mounted the motor behind the seat on a custom made mount. You have to get creative and manufacture a lot of your own stuff, I wish I still had pics and videos of it but they're on my old phone and I don't know how to get them off of it, lol I'm smart enough to make my own drift trike but I can't get old pics off of a smart phone.

My problem is nobody around here anymore races karts, we used to have two very nice tracks here but they closed up and I guess all the karts left the area. I found two on CL, one was a chassis and with a motor and no seat, I asked the guy how much for it as just a roller and he said $1000! Guess I will keep looking or start collecting parts. :/

I have some parts I would trade for some parts I need. I have a Horstman lightened billet stroker rod with bearings and the flat top piston with rings for a 5hp Briggs I/C motor and a Briggs I/C block that has been blasted.
Trade for any of the following..... axle, bearings and brackets, keyed hubs, wheels, sprocket hub and sprocket...... Basically a rear axle setup.

We left the engines off, and only do downhill racing.
There are 2 rules:
1. Every Big Wheel must have a name.
2. Must have Spec Rear Wheels (They are mower deck wheels)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8JXton-pCEs[/video]

Back