Driver Needed

withers

I am looking for driver. Two to be exact. Please allow me to give you some history before I dive into what I am looking for.

I raced many years ago at the state and national level. I won 4 state championships and a total of 11 national races but never a national championship. I got out of the sport nearly 13 years ago and I am now looking to re-enter. However, I have no interest in driving anymore. I own a company that make precision parts for the aircraft and robotic industry. I am wanting to open a shop focused on karting, where I will make the strong majority of parts for the karts. I am not interested in making chassis or building engines. I want to make all other components with an emphasis on quality. With the machinery to craft and shape all types of metals, I think there is a lot of room for improvement on the go kart. I know I will get a lot of people that hate this idea because it will not be cheap. I know many want karting to be cheaper, and I understand that. However, racing is never ever cheap. No matter if its karts, cars, planes or soap box derby. While some enjoy driving, I enjoy over engineering. I have a few specifically designed parts I have already begun designing and building. With in the next year I want to create a speed center. A place where people can come with there equipment and work with me to massage every ounce of speed from them. I know that tires, setup, and drivers win races. However, when the top five have all pretty closely figured out the right tire, prep, and cut for the day and are all close on setup, the guy with most talent and slickest kart wins. I know many of you will tell me I am crazy, I am wrong, I am wasting my money and so on, but I am going to build the very best go karts possible and we will win races!

So I need talent. I am going to compose a list below of wants and needs below. The wants I am flexible with. The needs I am not. I will be providing all racing materials. You will be covering your travel expense, helmet, gloves, and neck brace. Everything else I will cover. I will be providing all labor building and maintaining karts. You will be expected to help work on karts at track. There will be a written agreement between you and my company relieving me of any medical injury. If you get hurt, thats on you. This is racing. Things happen.

Wants:

between age of 18-27
male or female
5+ years racing experience
experience racing at major races
no taller than 71 inches
no heavier than 180 pounds - the lighter the better

Needs:

level headed
focused
winning attitude
can proceed through a race weekend without drinking alcohol
must know how to be aggressive without racing dirty
at least 3 years racing experience
understanding of northern dirt tracks and southern dirt tracks - if you don't know the difference then there is no need to bother responding
experience on dirt and asphalt
access to my shop in norther Virginia

We will be racing dirt and some asphalt. I am centrally located and will be running in Ohio, Pennsylvania, pretty much every southern state with in a years time. I also have an asphalt test track we built in 99 at my shop. So being close to my shop is a plus so we can run laps.

I am also looking for a junior driver. Around the age of 10. But that is a bit more difficult. Must be the right kid with the right parents. I am open to discussing that but really just need to find the right family.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks for your time.

- withers

Email and PM Sent...My Name is Paul Armstrong...
I am 26 Years Old and Have been racing Go Karts for about 3 Years, and Bandolero's for 2 Years.
I've made several investments in Racing, and have teamed up with a few people that claim to have the same interest in racing as I do, only to find out that it's all about them selfs and not the team.

I just recently parted ways with a Team out of Mt. Airy NC, where we had some success, Personal issues seemed to get in the way of what our goals were.
Basically I'm looking for someone that understands the importance of family, and shares the same love for racing as I do.
I grew up not in a racing family, but I fell in love with Dale Earnhardt and Nascar on my PawPaw's Lap at the early age of 3 years old.
Racing is in my blood, and its not something you can just turn off.

6 Weeks ago my Wife and I welcomed our First Child into this world, and is by far the most exciting experience of my life.
Although it's a big change in our live's, my wife understands my Love for racing and the Importance of me teaming up with the right people to make my dream a reality.

I own a successful HVAC Company, that my dad and I have started and built to this day. Dad and I have always been partners in Life and in Work, and I understand the Importance of taking time out for your loved ones for you never know when the Good Lord will call you home. We have financially supported my Racing Dream for the last several years, and plan to continue to do so.

I do not expect a free ride, I can provide my own Motors and Kart to get started. The biggest challenge is the time to prepare through the week with a busy Work Schedule and a New Family that Requires a lot of my time. Traveling is not an issue, and making sure I put in my fair share of time to work and prepare for the Next Race is a must in my book.

I am located in Harrisburg NC and have lived in the Charlotte Area my whole life.

I hope that the information I have provided you gives you a little insight into the Man that I am, and the beliefs that come from being a hard working Family Man; Knowing that nothing comes for free, but a little effort and hard work can go a long way.

I am interested in speaking with you about the opportunity that you are providing, and if you find interest in what I have to offer, please feel free to Contact me either by Email or Phone.

I appreciate your time and hope that you find success in you're future ventures.

Regards,
Paul Armstrong
Armstrong Mechanical Services Inc.
PH.704-455-2677
C. 704-649-5598
email: AMSI49@LIVE.COM

Thanks for all the inquiries. Please pass this information along to anyone that may be interested. If you messaged me, I will be in touch in the next month or so. We are quickly getting the new shop ready. We sat the mills and lathes yesterday and working on the welding stations today. Dug the Larry Jones machine out last night and she works like a charm. The tire shop will be next weeks project once the fab shop is done. Have to get the fab shop done first so we can make our rollers and hot boxes for the tire shop. Sorry to ramble. Long story short, we are on track and will have the shop done with a month or so. Thanks for all the input.

- withers

If you need any help setting up let me know, I would like to set a time to meet with you, and take a look at the operation you are putting in place. It sounds like you're on the right track, I'd be pleased to see what kind of needs you have and where I can be of service. We do a lot of Piping Fabrication and Structural Fabrication in our line of work, so if there is something I can help you with let me know.

-Paul Armstrong

Back