Driver

12/55 = 4. 58
13/60 = 4.62
14/64 = 4.57
Answer me a question, if you're going faster, because of the track conditions, how does that change your gear ratio?
Remember all these scenarios are suggested not proven, but as the track get's faster ( provides more natural momentum ) If you do not pull rear gear changing the ratio you will turn to many RPM taking you out of your target range. Just like if your off on tires chasing RPM and you make a tire change knowing now 100% your on the right tire unless your RPM were way low if you do not make a gear change you will over turn it as well, this is what a lot of guys miss.

RP, I did some research on the track and they stated it was now a 1/10th, used to be smaller.
Based on syrup tracks without the obvious grip I suggested a 13/64 to start with. I know on syrup we used to run a 14 & sometimes a 15 driver with a green plate.
In the dark ages, when I raced karts, changing one tooth on the axle could make a difference in lap times. At one race, by subtracting two teeth from the axle, I went from third place in the first heat to first Place in the next two beats, by a bunch. It never occurred to me to change drivers. With your gear ratio, one tooth on the driver is equal to four teeth on the axle. Now I understand that your racing surface is not stable, and changes a lot, from the start of the day to the end of the day, and for the day, four teeth might be appropriate, but I would change the axle before changing the driver. Just a thought.

In the dark ages, when I raced karts, changing one tooth on the axle could make a difference in lap times. At one race, by subtracting two teeth from the axle, I went from third place in the first heat to first Place in the next two beats, by a bunch. It never occurred to me to change drivers. With your gear ratio, one tooth on the driver is equal to four teeth on the axle. Now I understand that your racing surface is not stable, and changes a lot, from the start of the day to the end of the day, and for the day, four teeth might be appropriate, but I would change the axle before changing the driver. Just a thought.
For the most part your correct and that is what happens only rear gear get's changed, BUT that's on tracks where you've already proven gearing your just keeping up with track conditions improving, however there are times where you change both, Keep in mind I'm not suggesting for him to make a change to the 14 driver that was only so he's prepared in case it comes to it, again he's not been there yet and the gearing has not been proven, but ya you just never raced with track conditions taking that big of a swing we see the track gain 600 + RPM from practice to race quite often.

RP, I did some research on the track and they stated it was now a 1/10th, used to be smaller.
Based on syrup tracks without the obvious grip I suggested a 13/64 to start with. I know on syrup we used to run a 14 & sometimes a 15 driver with a green plate.

I will start with 13/64 and see what it does, if I have turn it a little tighter I'll throw a gear up on rear, or down , and if need be I can go up on front

Maybe that picture is deceiving but with those big tires and how small that place looks I cant imagine being anywhere in the range of what these guys have listed. Its flat as a pancake. Gotta start somewhere though.

Maybe that picture is deceiving but with those big tires and how small that place looks I cant imagine being anywhere in the range of what these guys have listed. Its flat as a pancake. Gotta start somewhere though.
Remember It's Green plate turning 1000 RPM less than Sr Clone

Just look up a gear ratio is a gear ratio ! Or any combination or gear ratio , tooth count differnce in gear ratio's . You have been in them conversations .
Theres pages of theroy , fact and conjecture .
None of it has changed . A ratio is a ratio has been beat too death with the conclusion being every one has an opinion and none of them are the same .

Just look up a gear ratio is a gear ratio ! Or any combination or gear ratio , tooth count differnce in gear ratio's . You have been in them conversations .
Theres pages of theroy , fact and conjecture .
None of it has changed . A ratio is a ratio has been beat too death with the conclusion being every one has an opinion and none of them are the same .

Yes I understand I have been in several conversations mostly pertaining to the predator motors, I just simply asked because we have only run this one one other time and the highest we turned was like 5100, so I was off somewhere so I just thought I would ask where a starting point .

Yes I understand I have been in several conversations mostly pertaining to the predator motors, I just simply asked because we have only run this one one other time and the highest we turned was like 5100, so I was off somewhere so I just thought I would ask where a starting point .
Exactly why I suggested taking a 12 driver along .

This got mixed in out of line where I thought it was going .
Ask as much as you like .
The in depth 15 pages of rhetoric of lead in angles , chordial angle and pitch diameter is what i was refering too .

Back