Dual 100cc's j/s vs 450cc vs 250cc w/ trans or j/s ALL THE RAGE & DEBATE

Yeti Racing

ALL THE RAGE & DEBATE Dual 100cc's j/s vs 450cc vs 250cc w/ trans or j/s

Ok guys Easter Sunday & Passover Blessings to all who believe & Woe to all u Bunny Egg hunters bc Bunnies don't lay Eggs !! : p

This forum is Tooooo dead so thought I'd start some sheet

Let's discuss ALL THE RAGE & DEBATE Dual 100cc's j/s vs 450cc vs 250cc w/ trans or j/s

I'll go first and IMHO dual 100/100cc or 115/100cc DONE & PORTED CORRECTLY at a combined Torque & total 90hp 115/100cc on alky atomized quads carbes or dual alky atomized mikuni's on dual j/s with axle clutches or Tomar TD 43 4 discs should flat out destroy all comers. Problem is expense & not but a few out there can coax that much reliable HP from that combo be it Rotory or Reed. But for those that can 2 x 27lbs + 2 x 8lb j/s + 2 x 8lb axle clutches or Tomar's is a NASTY FORCE & winning combo at the correct minimum weight & chassis setup - JMHO

Ok let her Rip

Last edited:
They won't destroy all comers and as a matter of fact they usually destroy themselfs LOL. Any how nice can of worms to dive head on into. The twin 100cc were the basis of the 450's and 250's weight format as well as HP equivilent potential. since twin 2 strokes have been around since the inception of kart racing all other adaptations have the twins to thank.

As far as Jackshafts go on MX type conversions in my view they just make them drive more like a traditional kart set up.

They won't destroy all comers and as a matter of fact they usually destroy themselfs LOL. Any how nice can of worms to dive head on into. The twin 100cc were the basis of the 450's and 250's weight format as well as HP equivilent potential. since twin 2 strokes have been around since the inception of kart racing all other adaptations have the twins to thank.

As far as Jackshafts go on MX type conversions in my view they just make them drive more like a traditional kart set up.

I agree 100%.
Mike

ALL THE RAGE & DEBATE Dual 100cc's j/s vs 450cc vs 250cc w/ trans or j/s

Ok guys Easter Sunday & Passover Blessings to all who believe & Woe to all u Bunny Egg hunters bc Bunnies don't lay Eggs !! : p

This forum is Tooooo dead so thought I'd start some sheet

Let's discuss ALL THE RAGE & DEBATE Dual 100cc's j/s vs 450cc vs 250cc w/ trans or j/s

I'll go first and IMHO dual 100/100cc or 115/100cc DONE & PORTED CORRECTLY at a combined Torque & total 90hp 115/100cc on alky atomized quads carbes or dual alky atomized mikuni's on dual j/s with axle clutches or Tomar TD 43 4 discs should flat out destroy all comers. Problem is expense & not but a few out there can coax that much reliable HP from that combo be it Rotory or Reed. But for those that can 2 x 27lbs + 2 x 8lb j/s + 2 x 8lb axle clutches or Tomar's is a NASTY FORCE & winning combo at the correct minimum weight & chassis setup - JMHO

Ok let her Rip

Wow.... Are you in for a surprise..... Let me start off by saying that we have every combination that you described and found that none of them are far and away better than any of the others. You can look at our Twin TT75's at http://www.kartsbymo.com/jackshaftblowup.html (second picture in the right column. This set of twins has won many races at the local level and even won a heat at the National race at Lasosli's but at no time did we ever destroy the competition. Contrary to what some people say, the engines are reliable, it's the peripherals (carbs, mag's, etc.) that fail. The real problem with twins is that you put too much weight (you are about 10lbs light on your estimation) on the right rear tire and you will grind it down to the threads in a 20 lap race during which the handling goes away. We are currently running a YZ250 that runs equally as fast as the twins and doesn't eat tires. It's also unreliable... The other engine we have is a YZ450F that we have yet to get running but may be our answer.

Conclusion to the question 'Which is the fastest and most reliable'?

Easy answer: The one that has been worked on the most and has the most money invested in it.

Having run duals, the big engines on most tracks, are better in every aspect... for many reasons.. and most definitely, when you can't make weight with smaller engines.

Most issues with twins are they are treated as 2 individual engines, not as a pair. If not matched, yeah, I can see how folks would think they're unreliable. My best successes came with twins.

Back