Dusty dry tracks

bhill

Any input on a prep for dry, sometimes dusty ky. Track what prep seems to work good in these conditions

It's dry I believe all week, then race day the dump water to it,as night progress it gets a little prep , laid on it, but isn't abrasive , turns to dry dusty slick

It's dry I believe all week, then race day the dump water to it,as night progress it gets a little prep , laid on it, but isn't abrasive , turns to dry dusty slick

If the make up of the racing surface has NO abrasive material in it & or stays softer, the yes 95 % of the time you need more prep and if your talking a 33,22,11 mostly external, 50/50 mix of Blacksand & Topaz works great for dry slick.
However if your missing the fact the surface has some abrasive material & is hard surface then most times less prep harder 33 works because the abrasive material works the tire harder making it fire ( build heat ) quicker.

Also consider the track size.
If you're on a 33 only rule, then consider rolling the tires internally on smaller tracks (not on larger momentum tracks.)
I know there are differing opinions on this, but it has worked well with our tire program.

Typically we use 2 ounces of Pink Panther in the right sides, 1 ounce in the lefts. The work the duro down where we want the tires with Monster Bite. Once we get the duro where we want, we maintain the tires and increase bite with Black Bite 2.0 (more wipes = more bite.)
The Pink Panther internal (as well as some other brands) will yield more grip over time than just using outside preps alone. It also builds considerably more sidebite in the right side tires.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back