And the cm cam intake
lift 265
dur .050 236.9 deg
c/l 108
exh
lift 265
dur .050 236.5
c/l 108 btdc.

Thanks....I see the 'CM' cam in Dyno's catelog but Not the '220'. Based on what you show, I suggest the 'CM' too be a far better fit (maybe 2-much) for your application. Call Randy @ Dyno and he will give you the info ur searching for.....jmo

For what its worth; I think I would use the CL 220 Due to its center-lines, should give good bottom end while still pulling hard to the top due to ex.center-line and added duration;also I think a 1.3 rocker on on Int.side would be a plus; And I would use their 22 lb springs because if you look at a spring rate chart;the Lb/in rates are better for this amount of Lift..................JMO also: you could use the Hi-ring keepers which would add nose pressure and defiantly out perform the 26lb.springs for this application
.......................................Dave

Last edited:
I have ran both in a stock appearing clone with a .645 bored stock carb on alky. In my opinion the 220 is a far better cam with more power across the rpm range. Even at idle I could notice a difference.

Not sure if its still available. I picked it up when turk brothers had them on sale about a year ago. I do believe the correct # was bs-220 in last year's dyno cams catalog.

Last edited:
On a Hemi I would not run this cam...Springs &Keepers Maybe (Cam Dependent)........Dave
For what its worth; I think I would use the CL 220 Due to its center-lines, should give good bottom end while still pulling hard to the top due to ex.center-line and added duration;also I think a 1.3 rocker on on Int.side would be a plus; And I would use their 22 lb springs because if you look at a spring rate chart;the Lb/in rates are better for this amount of Lift..................JMO also: you could use the Hi-ring keepers which would add nose pressure and defiantly out perform the 26lb.springs for this application
.......................................Dave

the cs .265 I had in my old motor wouldn't turn over 7,000rpm... the few times I ran it up that high something would let go... rocker arm, dropped a valve... the cam just doesn't like them kind of rpms... 6,500rpm and lower it was happy and good lil cam...

To be honest, and i know this is a little off topic, but i believe there are much better cam choices for what you want, and for the track you described than the 2 cam choices you listed. That is just my opinion of course, and i am no expert engine builder, but i have been around the block. i would possibly go with something more like a Black Mamba SR or JR cam, or Dyno 275 if your looking for a cam for a mild build. For a tight bullring, your gonna want something that has more low end and midrange power rather than top end power, because your gonna be on and off the throttle and spending more time in the low and midrange of the rpms.

Yea your right there's nothing cheap about building a motor any more. Less expensive. I guess ill have to try the black mamba

Back