Economical Scales

We deal with Cross, LS% and nose.
Delete the rest from your spreadsheet it's useless information

We deal with Cross, LS% and nose.
Delete the rest from your spreadsheet it's useless information

I deal with Briggs & Honda.
Delete clones and Predators from your information.

See, Jamie, it's a two-way street.
Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing when it is exercised within reason.
It's no use arguing with Al...he has as much right to spew misinformation as anyone else on here.
Thankfully there is at least some accountability on here that is not found in other forms of social media (ie facebook) where misinformation abounds.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz

www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on FaceBook
29 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Dammit Al, don't be obtuse.

I believe you're right.
I believe you meant "obtus"
2.narrow-minded
3.dull, boring, lifeless
4. slow to understand or perceive something
I hardly think I'm that, that I argue with you about it is proof enough. Many times people are so convinced of some fact they hold dear, they are hard-pressed to consider something new. you and I could both be guilty of that!

I believe you meant "obtus"
2.narrow-minded
3.dull, boring, lifeless
4. slow to understand or perceive something
I hardly think I'm that, that I argue with you about it is proof enough. Many times people are so convinced of some fact they hold dear, they are hard-pressed to consider something new. you and I could both be guilty of that!

Wrong answer

Al,

No one denies the numbers, as irrelevant as they are.

The issue that people have, is the fact that people who are trying to LEARN the keys to winning races and being competitive, are being led to believe that some those numbers and the relationships they have, are important.

They aren't.

There is all kinds of measurable, quantifiable data on racing karts. The question remains, does it have anything to do with making me faster? If it doesn't have anything to do with making me faster, it's not an observation worth mentioning (or in your case, pounding in to peoples heads)

I deal with Briggs & Honda.
Delete clones and Predators from your information.

See, Jamie, it's a two-way street.
Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing when it is exercised within reason.
It's no use arguing with Al...he has as much right to spew misinformation as anyone else on here.
Thankfully there is at least some accountability on here that is not found in other forms of social media (ie facebook) where misinformation abounds.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz

www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on FaceBook
29 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I told him to delete front and rear cross% from his spreadsheet
Please tell us Brian what info do those numbers tell you?
the example you gave doesn't work, try again

Mike Burris breaks it down into pounds of bite on each corner of the chassis. (Per a conversation more years ago than I care to admit)

I told him to delete front and rear cross% from his spreadsheet
Please tell us Brian what info do those numbers tell you?
the example you gave doesn't work, try again

Those numbers tell me nothing. Never implied that they did.
Just like telling me how successful the box stock Predator engine class is.
If I don't care about the data, then I simply disregard it.

You totally missed my point, but it's not the first time. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Mike Burris breaks it down into pounds of bite on each corner of the chassis. (Per a conversation more years ago than I care to admit)

What is a "pound of bite?" Is that like a quart of bite? ;)

Those numbers tell me nothing. Never implied that they did.
Just like telling me how successful the box stock Predator engine class is.
If I don't care about the data, then I simply disregard it.

You totally missed my point, but it's not the first time. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

What is a "pound of bite?" Is that like a quart of bite? ;)

How do new racers disregard info that they have no clue what they are looking at?
We are talking about confusing new racers.
You and I know the info is useless, but what about them?

I really except you to understand this Al but I really don't expect you to accept it.

Quoting Al: " I'll tell you, the setups that I have seen recommended here on your site, have been all over the place in regards to LR weight. I've seen weight distribution differences from 40lbs. to over 200 lbs. Left to right. I don't know what that means, but it's such a significant difference, I would want to find out, if for no other reason than to satisfy my"

You SAID you don't know what it means. Here's what it means Al. The difference is there because of different ways racers will use their karts.

You've explained to us the fundamentals have not changed.

Al, your wrong they have changed. Racers today not only change setup because of track conditions, they also change their setup because of how they intend to use their equipment. Today Al it's about tuning to how your going to use your tires. The equipment and the radical swings in numbers you don't understand Al, are there because of how racers will >choose< to use their karts.

Think of racing today Al as using a sharp chisel to gouge a groove in a piece of wood to mount a door hinge. Everyone's got the same very sharp chisel Al and everyone's very sharp chisel will cut a groove. The difference of weather or not the door when mounted will close properly is not about differences in very sharp chisel's and how blades are sharpened Al, it's about how the chisel is used.

Racers today Al are way beyond fundamentals. Setup is about the situation Al, not about fundamentals.

edit: Al, it's not about LR weight it's about how the LR will be used per ... everything. The weight does not matter Al, it's about if the LR tire is able to function as expected and as needed per how the racer chooses to use their equipment.

OK I don't know about all that but I have had great luck with middle of the road to a little more expensive bathroom scales. The last set I had got me to within 1/2 percent of my friends high dollar " racing " scales. Half the time the numbers were exactly the same. $125 vs $1000 - $1400 for a set of Longacre's * note , sometimes the bathroom scales were a pain to keep zero'ed and I had to pre-weight them.

The level or all 4 and a set that wont shut down after a minute or two would be great .
Th weight programs or calculator will work well .
You can screw up with the dedicated scales just as easy .
I have 9 sheets need the 15 set .

Back