Engagement

Wildsman23

Clone engine 350 weight, bully clutch.......clutch engaging real hard from a stop, hard enough that it spins the back tires. Do I need to look at changing weights on arms?

I find the most common clone set-up for a Bully to be red springs around 0.240" height with 1 bolt in outer hole of each lever.

You'll want to review the key way area on your clutch. It's very thin in that area to begin with. They're known to crack with that type of engagement.

Last edited:
Check air gap with feeler gauge . Between disc's where fingers come thru the drum / Bell . Can be done on kart as a first check . Should be under .055 , ideally . 034-.040

I concur on the air gap being too large.
The engagement should be at peak torque for your engine.
Common set-up for clone is red springs is .240" with 1 bolt in each lever or .210" with 2 bolts in each lever.

I just completed a series on rebuilding Bully clutches on our Facebook page "Tech Talk Tuesday" series a month or so ago and am going through another rebuild currently to add more details of the process. Follow along if you will. It's my hope that folks learn a thing or two.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com