Engine suggestions

I was asking different builders in Europe last summer and nobody could give me any good info on the 175cc engine. but I found out some tests that shows it wasn't faster than a good 125 cc KZ so I am not sure if that would be a good option. Might have potential though.

My KDX200 is close to the same bore and stroke as the Super X30 and its as stout as they come. I'm sure having Birky or Kermit build one as an open should be a most impressive engine.

I've been looking at craigslist/FB marketplace wanting to do an open/outlaw kart at some point. What is the most economical option on a motorcycle engine to put on karts? I see guys talking about sudams pretty often did they come out on any motorcycles?
I have a SHP 2018 Rival w/ TRX450 set up by the Judge mount and jackshaft

I’m also gonna vote on the Sudam. It’s a beast of a motor, keep it fat and happy and you’ll have a long time runner. Nothing beats the feeling of a 131 with dual carbs hitting the pipe out of the corner. Out of body experience!

I’m also gonna vote on the Sudam. It’s a beast of a motor, keep it fat and happy and you’ll have a long time runner. Nothing beats the feeling of a 131 with dual carbs hitting the pipe out of the corner. Out of body experience!
I do have to agree on this. Of all the engines I have owned very few could match the feeling of the stroker 131 Sudam. Different feeling, but maybe my direct drive rotary valve Ital on Sudam on asphalt can make you happy too. Each a different beast. Currently playing with the wankel (Aixro XR50) on sprint asphalt tracks and it is awesome too, and my small factory works 125 Modena KZ shifter is pretty impressive on small tracks.

Back