Epic chassis setup

memory60

We acquired an older Epic chassis and are going to give it a try. It's a late 90's or early 2000. We will be running it on an 1/8th mile dirt oval. Medium banking. JR2 with a clone at 300 lbs.

Any help with front end settings and scale numbers to start with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dont think its an Epic, the Epic is a Ward Karting-Infiniti Chassis kart and wasnt released until the fall of 2006 as a 2007 model

If indeed it's not an Epic and is late 90's just put a balanced set-up in it reguardless what chassis it is for Jr 2 I'd start it at.
46 % nose
53.5 % left
53.5 % cross

2.6 Rt Fr neg camber, .5 lt fr pos camber

seat front centered to post, rear seat spline centered to break rotar 9.5 " from top of axle to top rear of seat.

1 3/8" front stagger and 1" to 1 1/8 " rear

That will get ya in the ball park with a good solid starting point, if indeed it is an Epic numbers will change some more left and cross for sure Jamie ( XXX#40) can Help ya better if it is an Epic.

Good Luck !!

Just in case the numbers will come in handy for you.
Total 300
Front 46 %
Left 53.5 %
Cross 53.5 %

Left Front % 23.00%
Left Front lbs 69

Right Front % 23.00%
Right Front lbs 69

Left Rear % 30.50%
Left Rear lbs 91.5

Right Rear % 23.50%
Right Rear lbs 70.5

Front Cross lbs 0.00 Difference Right to Left
Front Cross % 0.00%

Rear Cross lbs (21.00) Difference Left To Right
Rear Cross % -29.79%

I guess it doesn't mean too much but it has epic decals on the kart. I was told it was around a 2000. He didn't remember the year for sure. Is there any way to ID if it's and Epic? Numbers or a stamp somewhere?

If it has flip open rear cassettes it could be an epic, if not its probably an r1, as they were early 2000s

I guess it doesn't mean too much but it has epic decals on the kart. I was told it was around a 2000. He didn't remember the year for sure. Is there any way to ID if it's and Epic? Numbers or a stamp somewhere?

This is an Epic
Picture002.jpg

The Epic was just the evolution of the R1, The Epic and R1 shared the same waist design

This is the R1, it was unchanged from its release in 2002 until it went out of production in 2005
33150935-367-2004-Infiniti-R1-with-body.jpg

If it doesnt have heim and L block front end its isnt either kart, the main difference between the R1 and Epic, was the front hoop, the R1 was 2 bend, the Epic was 1 bend
All the Epic's looked like the blue one, they all had clamshell rear bearing holders

It sure looks like what you are showing me. It has flip open rear cassettes and L brackets on the front end. I do remember it having a bend on the front bar that I thought was unique. I can't think if it's one bend or two right now tho. I'll do a little more looking at the photo's and see if more stuff matches. Thanks for the info.

It sure looks like what you are showing me. It has flip open rear cassettes and L brackets on the front end. I do remember it having a bend on the front bar that I thought was unique. I can't think if it's one bend or two right now tho. I'll do a little more looking at the photo's and see if more stuff matches. Thanks for the info.

Just post a picture of it, take some photo's and upload them to photobucket and place a link here or you can email them to me and I can do it

We will be running it on an 1/8th mile dirt oval. Medium banking. JR2 with a clone at 300 lbs.

Any help with front end settings and scale numbers to start with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
46.5% Nose
57% LS
60% Cross
Stock caster
-3.00 RF Camber
+1.00 LF
1 1/4 front stagger
1 1/4 rear
RS seat strut no less than 3.75 in off the motor rail
Picture076.jpg

Front center of seat 1/2 to the right of the center of the steering upright
Picture078.jpg

Seat back 9 inches off the axle
RR tire in as close as possible
LR 1 inch off the frame rail
Both front hubs in as far as possible
Need anything else just let me know, that should get you close

hey guys I got a 09 off of a guy and I seem kinda ichy bout something on it if someone know a lot bout these let me know I would like to text you a pic of the thing I have a problem with and you tell me if I am right or wrong

Back