F1 and the United States total lack of participation.

Graham Rahal doesn't have the money or political pull he needs, I think. And while he may be good, he's not VERY VERY good. Even Conor Daly isn't VERY VERY good, and he's better than average and at least has European race experience. It will be interesting to see where the rumor pool takes things...

Ted i don't think he's been able to really show his talents. If he got with Penske he'd really be able to shine and show his potential.

F1 , is by nature , a young mans sport . It takes the lightning fast reflexes , along with talent and confidence . I love F1 racing, hoping the US comes up with worthy driver .

I saw Graham when he was in karts, with the best equipment. He wasn't a consistent winner then, and hasn't impressed me since. I do, however, root for him, because he's a true American in a series dominated by foreign drivers and foreign money.

There is a young sports car driver named Trent Hindman. Races for Fall Line motorsports in the Continental Sports Car Championship. Kid is a shoe. He is close to the right size at 5'8" 160, and I think a hell of a talent. Also, Chip Robinson's kid Skylar has done a hell of a job with the Formula cars he has had the chance to run in Europe. If he had some more funding he could make a splash as well. I have seen him race in Jr 2 Cycle's and was always impressed.

When I was growing up as a kid racing karts and motocross I preferred motocross over karts as did 90% of my friends because it was much faster and more intense. The only reason I ever quit racing motocross was because I got tired of getting hurt. I believe the interest to drive a winding track just isn't there for most kids, I know it wasn't for me, it took too long to make a lap and it just wasn't as fast or as challenging to me. For the US to get involved they're going to have to see money.

If sprint karting wasn't fast or challenging enough for you, you were in the wrong class. ICA would've been highly engaging, I think. I bought a kart from Chip/Skylar -- nice people, and Chips old IMSA ride was one of my favorites before the series died. It would be nice to see Skylar do well.

The Hawk You hit the nail right on the head. Kids cant work on cars today like we could many years ago. im 59 we Installed new heads, rebuild the carb, new cams. There was none of the computer stuff. plain mechanical functions ran the car. You just cant do any of that today. There is that lost connection to how the car runs and kids

Back