Fastest kart chassis no one talks about

Won the 2020 Predator points series on a 2005 Rage Dagger
You can have the fastest chassis available but without a driver that understands how to utilize it, it'll be dog slow on the stopwatch.
Mine was a 2003 Rage Innovator wish I still had it.

I'm sorry, and congratulations on the accomplishment, but points series today are just attendance trophies.
How many races did it win?
I beg to differ. Points series are (IMO) more credited than just showing up to a big money race taking the win. Sure, you won 1 time on a specific track with all the right combinations for you to pull it off just that 1 time.....do it for an entire season competitively and consecutively and you'll get my attention.
Not to mention your 'participation award' racers are the main funders that keep a local track going. Don't be dogging on the people that keep the sport alive with commitment compared to those that only chase pocket rocket races.

I beg to differ. Points series are (IMO) more credited than just showing up to a big money race taking the win. Sure, you won 1 time on a specific track with all the right combinations for you to pull it off just that 1 time.....do it for an entire season competitively and consecutively and you'll get my attention.
Not to mention your 'participation award' racers are the main funders that keep a local track going. Don't be dogging on the people that keep the sport alive with commitment compared to those that only chase pocket rocket races.
So that 2005 won every points race it was in?
Or did it just show up with good finishes every week while others attendance dropped off later in the season?
Lol the person that wins those track points series are nothing more than giving you an award for showing up to every one of them.
Post the ending points sheet and let's have a look see?
20 years ago I would agree, winning a local track championship was a great accomplishment, but then you had 5 or six guys that it took the last race of the season to decide the Champ, that's not the case anymore.

So that 2005 won every points race it was in? - Sure didn't
Or did it just show up with good finishes every week while others attendance dropped off later in the season? <--
20 years ago I would agree, winning a local track championship was a great accomplishment, but then you had 5 or six guys that it took the last race of the season to decide the Champ, that's not the case anymore. I sure hope you're not speaking for the entirety of the karting community nationwide and instead just your surrounding area.
Regardless, this post has been gone through time and time again with old vs new. I honestly think you can make an older kart work for certain applications and be successful. It just depends what you're wanting to do with it. Same with new chassis, they'll work great in certain races and may be a dog in others. This is a question that'll always be asked and ran through with nothing more than opinions being the main voice of reason.

Regardless, this post has been gone through time and time again with old vs new. I honestly think you can make an older kart work for certain applications and be successful. It just depends what you're wanting to do with it. Same with new chassis, they'll work great in certain races and may be a dog in others. This is a question that'll always be asked and ran through with nothing more than opinions being the main voice of reason.
It also depends on the level of competition you are racing against. At a local Saturday night race any chassis could be competitive but if you are going to the big shows those older chassis tend to be mid pack at best. And you are comparing apples to oranges when it comes to a local track points win in a class that does not have a sanctioning body vs those that have a set of rules and an actual tech to check to see if you are within those rules.

Ran 1st and 2nd last weekend in the open class on some 07 Infiniti Epics.
Our phenoms are fast as well.
Might want to read what I said, I never said an older chassis can't compete.
Wining a championship in today's environment isn't a good example.
Open class is also subjective.
On rosin or mid low grip bull rings I'd be on a Phenom or XXX or a few others as well.
I've always said we have passed the fastest design chassis for the sake of sales, and I still believe that.
Your Epics are proof, but IMO the R1 which I the same exact chassis except for the front hoop could still win a ton of races today in the right hands.
Our very first Infiniti was an R1, it's what brought us and the Wards together for so many years.
33150935-367-2004-Infiniti-R1-with-body (1).jpg

Might want to read what I said, I never said an older chassis can't compete.
Wining a championship in today's environment isn't a good example.
Open class is also subjective.
On rosin or mid low grip bull rings I'd be on a Phenom or XXX or a few others as well.
I've always said we have passed the fastest design chassis for the sake of sales, and I still believe that.
Your Epics are proof, but IMO the R1 which I the same exact chassis except for the front hoop could still win a ton of races today in the right hands.
Our very first Infiniti was an R1, it's what brought us and the Wards together for so many years.
View attachment 32132
Yes. I was just putting it out there. Our team consist of 3 epic's and 3 phenoms.

Heres my opinion on it..... I personally am a very long ways from maxing out the capability of the chassis we own.
A newer chassis may make more speed when they are both 100% dailed. However, until i find myself thinking that the kart itself is the problem and not my knowledge I will roll with my old junk..

2004 Ultramax Blaze Octane…. Very competitive on dirt and concrete as late as 2015 (even after it was bent) when I sold it. It excelled on low bite dirt high bite dirt and indoor concrete.

My Infinitis were also no joke either….

Also enjoyed running older twisters and shadows a few times back in the day

Back