Fat fuel line?

806KART

What's up with the thick fuel line I've seen on some animals and clones? I know the ID should be the same with the pump outlet and carb inlet being the same as normal, so is there an advantage or just looks cool?

I've had 2 people come up and ask me about the thick fuel lines on my Dover Animal. It came back from rebuild that way. (I'm not sure, but I think it gives the motor more power)

I've had 2 people come up and ask me about the thick fuel lines on my Dover Animal. It came back from rebuild that way. (I'm not sure, but I think it gives the motor more power)
Yes 1/4 inch larger on the fuel line will get you .2 hp through the rpm range. Honest!
Jim

You guys have got to stop this now. Have mercy.. There's going to be new guys with radiator hoses at the track.....lol

the "normal" fuel lines that you see (the pretty colors and all), don't have a very good life....fuel, any fuel, makes them brittle and stiff...specially if your trying to get them off! I went thru the looks pretty fuel lines and after having to carry more to the track in case I had to cut one off, I went to the larger rubber fuel lines...yeah, they look kinds ugly, but they stay pliable and you don't end up with one that's stiff, brittle and hard to work with.....

Been thinking of switching to Tygon fuel line. Has anybody used it and does it stay flexible like they say?
Yes, it definitely stays flexible. Tygon is a trademark of the Saint Gobain corporation and comes in a whole bunch of different types/formulations. Of the few I have familiarity with, you would probably be best served by formulation 2375 (ultra chemical resistant tubing) for methanol, and formulation F-4040-A (fuel and lubricant tubing) for gasoline. There are probably others that would also work fine in the Tygon line; a stocking dealer should be able to help you choose a satisfactory type for our applications.

I have and use Tygon line....dont buy into the hype that it'll never get hard. I have yet to find any fuel line that doesn't get hard at some point or another, except for the automotive type rubber fuel line. I use the rubber line for the pulse line then just use tygon for the tank to fuel pump and to carb

That's just to divert folk's attention from what they really should be looking at. :)
Kind of like putting a towel over your brake caliper every time you're in the pits.

We use and sell the 1/4" x 1/2" clear line. The only real advantage is longevity. The stuff just lasts a lot longer you can also make tighter bends with out pinching it. It won't collapse if you secure it with tie wraps Plus you have to admit it looks COOL.

The LO-206 and the Pro Gas animal rules restrict the I.D. of fuel and pulse like to 1/4". I have seen a bunch of motors with the real fat looking fuel line. .but also know that they were at the .250 ID. Looks heavy duty for sure.

Am I over-thinking this (like some others) or would the thicker line deflect less with a pulse-type fuel system like we run, resulting in better performance from the fuel pump? I never really thought about this until today.

Am I over-thinking this (like some others) or would the thicker line deflect less with a pulse-type fuel system like we run, resulting in better performance from the fuel pump? I never really thought about this until today.

I was thinking the same but on the pulse line not the fuel line.

Y'all are getting to caried away. These are fuel systems designed for gravity feed. Now we are pumping fuel under pressure that requires that the float,needle, and seat can hopefully hold at bay to keep from flooding the engine. No performance to be had. Do you think your float bowl is running dry.....No....take care..

Back