Few questions from a newb...

Lambert

Kart I picked up for my daughter has a bully clutch. Which I have learned is a disk clutch. She will be running at 2 different tracks this year. 1 in a Beginner predator which allows the bully and 1 in a blue plate predator which has to be a drum.

First question. What would be the best drum clutch to purchase for the blue plate predator class

Second, I have used this search function a lot but was hoping someone could point me to a good article/video on learning the basics on how to set them up.

Go to bullerbuilt.net for all information on the bully clutches…as far as shoe type clutches, the premier stinger is pretty hard to beat imo…

Kart I picked up for my daughter has a bully clutch. Which I have learned is a disk clutch. She will be running at 2 different tracks this year. 1 in a Beginner predator which allows the bully and 1 in a blue plate predator which has to be a drum.

First question. What would be the best drum clutch to purchase for the blue plate predator class

Second, I have used this search function a lot but was hoping someone could point me to a good article/video on learning the basics on how to set them up.
I really like the Hilliard drum clutches.
Our Youtube channel has several videos covering installation and set-up for the "Hilly" (Hilliard with Bully conversion.)
Our Facebook page has had several Tech Talk Tuesday articles discussing disc clutch machining, maintenance, and set-up over the past 6 months or so.
Either case, you'll want to engage your clutch(es) at peak torque for your engine. Your engine builder should be able to provide you with that information. If not, we can help based on other similar engines.
If you need anything, please don't hesitate to give us a call at the shop.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com