fhs question?

sam coggin

we have never tried anything after going to fhs lightining modified, just wonder if anybody uses cyclone heavy or hurricane heavy are they as good as lightining modified we run flats open and stock appearing?thanks

that's what im wondering we have had excellent results with lightning modified but its sometimes hard to get sometimesnot but thanks hogans goat

I found fhs to be hard to find locally here in ga. Found DLR engines out of canton game I believe is a fhs dealer. I'll be getting it from him.

EC Birt recommended 62R for my flathead modified and that was good enough for me. Checked my ring gaps after 8 races and they were spot on from where I set them.

Kurly, 62R is a castor based oil, whereas the lightning mod. is a synthetic. The 62R which doubles as a twocycle oil has the correct viscosity for an open and the strong film strength of a castor, along with the ability of not being affected too badly by methanol getting in the bottom end. Jon

Which one would be better for an open motor? The 62r or modified? I have a hard time getting the 62r but can get modified pretty easily

Back