FHS smokeless car oil

rupp76

Was just wondering has anyone used FHS smokeless car oil, just looking for opinions on the good,bad and the ugly. I have used FHS for years in karting, now thinking about using in old 240000 plus ford that smokes on start up but doesn't burn oil per say

Used it in a 24hp on a zero turn engine, works. Funny this came up, I was just getting ready to order some for my 2002 Buick that puffs on start up.

Oil won't fix worn valve seals, but some oils and their additive packages do cause seals to swell (which will help seal the valve stems a bit better and reduce smoking on start-up.)
Most high mileage oils have additives like this, as well as thickeners or stabilizers which cushion bearings and moving parts better when the oil heats up and thins out.
I used to just step up a viscosity weight or two as the engine hits each 100K milestone. Now, I just stick with the factory recc'd oil viscosity and add Lucas oil stabilizer to my high mileage vehicles. Seems to be working fine so far. Several daily drivers closing in on 300k sitting in the driveway.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com