Finding a generator carb

zablocki

hey im having problems finding a new carburetor for my generator. after 10 years of running twice a weekend at the track and several multi day power outages, my carb finally wore itself out. you can litterally take the throttle shaft and jiggle it about 1/4". the choke is worse. idk how it ran as long as it did lol. the generator itself is still in good shape so i figured id just replace the carb. the problem im having is finding it. it is a Nikki carb that was on a 10hp ohv briggs. the only numbers i see on the carb are on top they are
G02502
21160 A
i figure there are enough small engine shops around here that they might have one laying around.

thanks
duane

Duane, if that doesn't pan out, I've had good luck drilling out the shaft bores in the throttle body on a drill press and putting in home made brass bushings to bring them back to size in '30s and '40s automobile carbs; should work on one of our generator carbs too.

By the way, I think the weather is finally going to cooperate and let us get in opening day at Lincoln Saturday. I need a sprint car fix....

Mike

May have what you need right here.
its just the body,
person I got gen from took float bowl off and lost it.
go2523
4928a
10 hp ohv briggs 5600 watt

There's only one option at this point, Tilly, stroker crank, big bore, high compression head. Your appliances will run at about three times the speed they used to, you will use three times the amount of fuel as before, and you will always have the sound of a full race engine running in your pit area. It's a win win.

I may have one.
Get your carb in hand and call me.

i think i may still have some carbs from 305 take off parts. ill look tonight in my box o parts and see if there is anything worth noting.

Back