Flipping Tires

SrFan3

I did a search for general tire flipping rules but didnt find much. I noticed over the weekend some of my tires have a big size difference between the outside and inside of the tire. Is there some general rules out there for flipping tires? All my tires sizes and stagger are good but thats just measuring the center of the tire. I can actually see the taper in the tire.

That means the inside edge is run down it's time to flip them, ( sounds like they should of been flipped long ago ) If your racing on a good grip surface flip them every 2 races, If your running Fri & Sat night shows less grip you might even get 6 races before flipping, just keep an eye on the inside edge if you can see wear flip them.

I did a search for general tire flipping rules but didnt find much. I noticed over the weekend some of my tires have a big size difference between the outside and inside of the tire. Is there some general rules out there for flipping tires? All my tires sizes and stagger are good but thats just measuring the center of the tire. I can actually see the taper in the tire.

I got 4 races not nights and my inside edges are getting due. Probably squeeze one more night which will be total 6 races flip and go from there.

Race = heats, features, when I say race

Jr class with only friday/saturday night shows i've got about 8-10 on one edge. Hindsight i probably had them too hard this past summer. Yellow vegas for the record.

...or if you're running high bite, money shows, flip them during the night!
That "edge" is important (especially on Maxxis.)

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Yes sir even on my sons Jr3 kart we're flipping RS tires between heat and features at big shows and it does make a difference with a Maxxis!

I flip after every race they wear better and get faster. At the end of the night if they weren’t flipped at the track I take a piece of chalk and mark every tire we ran.

I flip my tires between every race weekend. Takes about 10-15 mins to do all 12 tires and wheels so why not. They wear perfectly even with me switching them like that and tires are very good.

I get it done pretty fast, I take them all of and flip them the movement I get the bead broken and do all them that way and then after I get them all flipped I air them up in the band

He's about 40 years your junior if my memory serves me
Yep I am a young one. I am 15 and do most the work to the art myself because of all the stuff I learn on here. My dad is usually busy working on his race car so I get it all done pretty fast. Plus I would practice with old tires and wheels. Also I set them out of in the sun for like 5 mins with no air in them before I flip tires and it makes it alot easier to have them a little warmer.

Back