Florida AllStars race #3 results and season points

Taft Racing

Ok sorry for the Delay, I have a whole bag of excuses but I lost the bag. As you may already be aware Heath Dorn caried the day in a big way. His First UAS FAS win, he did it in front of his family shown above and he did it in commanding fashion. Heath set fast time of the day 13.185 at 54.608 MPH on a very slick dry grainy track. Volusia is known for their sealer and a ton of bite, however they resurfaced the clay and only water was used for this show. one groove developed and it was very difficult to pass.

That being said the day was perfect, 85 degrees light clouds tons of sun. The Volusia officials were on their game running a very well run program. Thanks to Mike Hunter and staff for having us and preparing a smooth fast surface.

The day was full of firsts. In our first Heat we had Ron Anderson pull the pole straw, and Ron never lets us down with a wide open or completely off throttle. This time Ron was in control of that lead foot. He kept his LF tire on the ground and drove a incredibly smooth race. At one point I thought I had a shot at passing Both Pete Parkes, (Wayne Carrs hire gun) in 2nd and Ron with a move inside coming off turn 4 only to have my days gremlins creep in and the engine missfired snotted and left me feeling like porky pig had tuned it.

Didn't matter to Ron he was back down in the groove with Pete looking for his opening. Troy Robinson had drawn the dead last straw and was making a steady charge through the field, Heath Dorn pretty much in tow. Heath was looking for bite center off all day. Wayne Alderman returned to racing for his second FAS event. Wayne struggles on these sloippery surfaces but that may be changing he drove very well all day and continued his forward advance.

Wayne Howe was bite by a few of his own gremlins and pulled off just in front of myself leaving us trailing in the days event.

As they threw the Checkers it was Ron Anderson holding off Pete Parkes by a comfortable distance. couldn't wipe the smile off his face as he now has tasted victory running in a stout field of drivers.

With the other classes being quickly run through by the Volusia crew we came back to the grid for Heat #2

This time we had Troy Robinson on the bad CR250 shifter kart up front, It was Troys turn to set sail on the field, Wayne Alderman wasn't letting Troy get away and Heath dorn was starting to dial in those tires. As the rest of the field struggled with grip and weren't able to make much progress on their starting positions Troy Wayne and Heath were in a great race for the lead, Heath found a line around Alderman and he looked to try and real in Robinson. they sat just a few kart lengths apart Heath gaining some then loosing some but was showing he had some serious speed.

As the checkers flew it was Troy Robinson with yet another heat win setting himself on the pole for the second time this year. Heath Dorn would roll in second and find himself out side pole for the feature as well.

Ill post this picture of Ron Anderson up front leading us to the green, I know he'll most likely print it and post it above his head board for a year or 2.

Ok with a ton of time in the day left, Like I said the Volusia crew just rolled through the day we lined up for the feature.
And that's right when all heck broke loose. On the grid we had the machine of Wayne Carr and driver Pete Parkes sitting dead a rounded off starter nut looked to spoil their event, I grabbed Hoppy Hskinsons starter off his buggy wiggled and jiggled and got it on and the RRE engie roared to life just in time for the flagman to throw the green. Pete entered the track just as the field came roaring into turn one, The caution flew and the Flagman realigned the field allowing Pete to rejoin the event.
This could be a miss call but in my view it's about racing and having every one who came out and could make the event be in the event.

As the newly reset field came around turn 3 and 4 the corner worker miss showed the yellow flag, The leader Troy Robinson being inside had the flag in his face, the outside pole Heath Dorn more interested in the flashing yellow light and the Tower reaching out the green flag ignored the corner worker and dropped the hammer coming off 4, Troy in the wrong gear not expecting green just flat didn't go, this boxed up the guys behind him and karts darted left and right leaving Troy second to last by the time he got his kart up to speed.

No restart this time the green flag stood, Heath was on the gas and wasn't waiting on any one or any thing, Heath flat left the field in his wake, half track lead bye the half way mark. I guess he figured out his loose off issue. Heath has a little 125 water cooled sonic built by TS racing, this engine just screams.

With Hpppy Hoskinson in second and a nice safe distance to 3rd place Pete Parkes the race was between Toy Robinson and Wayne Howe, they were pretty much locked together making pass after pass, troy leading the way making the openings and Wayne just filing right along tucked up tight. First Troy rolled in on Wayne Alderman the 2 battled for 2-3 laps Troy being patient and making a nice clean pass, Howe made his way by and Troy looked to real in Pete Parkes, this again took a couple laps as Troy again showed patience making yet another clean pass.

Then the gap tracking down Hoppy, only a couple laps later both Troy and Howe in tow pulle dup on Hoppys bumper several times it looked like Troy was going to make the pass but then chose to tuck back in instead of route Hoppy into the marbles, by now Howe was done waiting he started giving Troy the move over or pass him shots, Never once did I feel Wayne try'd to turn him, but he sure was giving him some bumper benders, Troy began uping the anti on Hoppy but Hoppy stood firm, he had great exit speed and engough corner speed to just stay put.

With one lap to go coming off turn 4 Howe hammered Troys rear bumper knocking off the groove and into Hoppys rear bumper, Hoppy recovered and quickly darted to the inside and Wayne made his pass on the inside, Of course if you ever had some one use you up pounding on your rear bumper you'll know Troy had had enough as well as Wayne came along side Troy dumped them both off the track and under the flag stand.

A race between Wayne Alderman and Pete Parkes had been battling on for almost trhe entire event, On Aldermans perspective he had a good enough run on Parkes he took the line, On Parkes perspective he dive bombed him, either way in my book they battled the whole race they both gave all they had. the contact left Pete on the down side and Alderman crept in to finish 3rd to Dorn and Hoskinson, Pete would take away a disappointing 7th. Pete showed great poise and sportsmanship I'm sure he'll be at Jasper to make for a exciting rematch.

The finshing order for the FAS race no. 3

Heath Dorn
Hoppy Hoskinson
Brad Nicosia ( Brad our Outlaw contender drove his 100cc KT to a 3rd position staying clean and out of the way. but not in a AllStars point position
Wayne Alderman
Ron Anderson
Wayne Howe
Pete Parkes
Troy Robinson
Tim Taft DNS

So at the end of the day some more bench racing material a long winded thread on Bobs about driver ethics and we finally have the official review of the day. I'll post up pictures on following posts there's a video from the second heat I'll transfer over and last but not least you Florida AllStars points standings

We have a one point difference for the lead, it's any bodys championship this year There will be a huge Ruser Eagle trophy for the winner at the end of the year, this will be our first Memorial and tribute trophy for Marty Ruser. congratulations to Heath Dorn a official threat to the championship.

FAS points as of 04/12/14

Troy Robinson 2nd/1st+1 / 8th +1 290
Heath Dorn 4th/3rd/1st 290
Hoppy hoskinson 9th/ 2nd/2nd 284
Wayne Howe 3rd/4th/6th 282
Ron Anderson 5th/5th/4th 278
Wayne Alderman 6th 5th 187
Ron Delancy 8th 7th 179
Mike Nicosia 1st 100+1 101
Ed Schreifels 6th 91
Mike Black 7th 90
Tim Taft 8th 89

Our OutLaw championship leader is Brad Nicosia who by the way would be scoring pretty good in the AllStars he's had impressive runs

Brad leads with 303 points in the OutLaw series he is also contending for a Ruse Eagle Trophy.

Last edited:
We had another HotDog sighting Terry rode over to enjoy the event and tell of several dog pound stories.

Shortly after the green flag Dorn already setting sail

Now I mistakenly reported that Ron Anderson controlled his lead foot, I miss spoke, Brad Nicosia it seams is always fine tuning his skills by avoiding running into Ron. Believe it or not Brad missed him

I love this picture Barb used a fricken cell phone and couldn't see the screen just took some of the best photos

Where's Wayne Howe? can you find him in this photo? he's there.

These guys were pretty much like this for 10 laps

I want to make a shout out to Both Matt Green and Chris Seay and the Seay Performance team, My junk never looked so good, Thanks guys, No I'm not sponsored by Lucas, its a promotional design I made to try and lure in their sponsor ship. I was forced to use the super fly wedge when my wedge got hammered at Daytona.

The kart handled awesome, I just gotta get in the seat more to work out those bolts nuts and wires that come loose.

Terry Hall HotDog, our FAS founder on his ride

Wayne Carr his RRE prepaired Engine was bad fast, Wayne and Pete looked for bite all day, they'll get it right soon enough Pete showed he's got the talent

Troy Robinson Ron Anderson Hoppy Hoskinson and myself. The FAS is a great place to race and great people to be associated with.

Congrats Heath on the win !!!!
Great write up Tim!!!!!Thanks.
Hoppy,,You made that old kart proud!! She's 11 yrs old won over 50 plus feature events in the FAS, Won 2 FAS Championships, Won 3 National UAS races all the way from FLA to Ohio, Also Won The Big Kahuna and a UAS National Championship!!! And has out run the Batmobile:) Just don't get no better than that!!!!! lol
You got to love it when a plan comes together..
See you guys at Jasper.

Thanks Ed, Correction on the Points lead. These guys are on me like white on rice. not one second for a error LOL. The points are tied for 1 st I counted Troys pole position 1 point too many. Heath Dorn at 290 tied with Troy Robinson at 290 also. Jasper will make be a tie breaker for sure. I'l post up another thread on our up coming 1/4 point event at Crossroads motoplex. I know we stuck are nose in on another series event there and Wade said it'll be a day race. You guys will need gate times and line up times. I'll have them in the next thread. Again you'll be signing up with Wade or my self not the track.

Good one Ed, I like you can take a rib, some guys get upset. Lol. I vote now for Jasper, qualify and feature only! Line up the way you qualify and go dig. All heat races do is waste time and fuel in my mind, lol

Forgot to say good write up Tim, then again there always good. By the way I'm in for the 500cc wing karts, just need to get more people willing to do it, I know Ron will.

Forgot to say good write up Tim, then again there always good. By the way I'm in for the 500cc wing karts, just need to get more people willing to do it, I know Ron will.

I received the the CR 500 donor cases so the molds and cases are coming. I also have a business partner coming down to help build engines and parts, He has in the seat experience and a ton of contacts for QRC winged karts, 120+ HP. get ready Florida we'll have a AllStar show like none other it's all coming.

Now before the race I told every one there's a rule no running into the administrator, Heath clearly didn't get the memo lol.

2015 Florida AllStars, UAS karts and new to Florida the FAS OutLaw winged karts, How about 10-15 of these things in our traveling show.

Great write up Tim, as always. Love the pics, Brab does a great job! I placed 6th at Fruitland and 4th I'm Volusia but you have me listed as 6th/5th in the points. Check it for me.

tim. best write up i have seen on BOBS , like the pics, keep it up! hoppy had the buller hopping! dont look like he has any reed problems!got gregg jones 07 up and looking good( bulldogs 07 buller velocity) he is going to be here to pick it up in may and come race w/ you!john

Great write up Tim, as always. Love the pics, Brab does a great job! I placed 6th at Fruitland and 4th I'm Volusia but you have me listed as 6th/5th in the points. Check it for me.

Wayne only the place listing is in error your points are correct. You have a 6th at Fruitland 91 points and a 3rd at Volusia 96 points = 187 points. Brad Nicosia is our Outlaw racer and was racing his own race. The point break down is 2 point drop till 5th then 1 point drop after, a 1 point for winning the feature pole is a bonus.

Great write-up Tim...You just get better and better each time....keep up the good work...helps to have your own photographer on the job. Barb's pics are getting better also. Can't imagine what that girl would do if she had a real camera...Had a great time as always. Love seeing all you guys again. Huge Congrats to Heath, he deserved that one, he earned it all day long.

Back